Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve reward offer – Disney Plus – “new customers”?

• AndyS 24 posts

In my curve rewards I have an offer of 15% cashback on a subscription of disney + . One time. “Offer only valide on new subscription purchases”.

Would they know from the transaction whether it’s a brand new account, or a payment on an existing one? I got a trial and paid for a couple of months but let it lapse, and didn’t use curve for payment so from that point of view i would appear to be a new customer (to curve) – but are disney likely to charge differently for a first time vs a renewal ? this discount is enough to tip the balance for me to get a year subs.

elguiri 216 posts

Not answering your question, but did you know you can get 3 months of Disney+ for £8 of Tesco Clubcard points?

TGLoyalty 494 posts

Not answering your question, but did you know you can get 3 months of Disney+ for £8 of Tesco Clubcard points?

Considering that’s worth £20-24 of other voucher/ virgin miles it doesn’t seem like much of saving if any.

AndyS 24 posts

I didn’t but thanks for the heads-up @elguiri

elguiri 216 posts

Considering that’s worth £20-24 of other voucher/ virgin miles it doesn’t seem like much of saving if any.

Disneyplus is £7.99/month, so just under £24 for 3 months, so you’re getting instant cash saving as good as any other 3x value one on clubcard.

John 1,000 posts

I have received cashback for being a “new customer” to NOW TV 7 times from different sites/cards, including some of the same cards twice.

AndyS 24 posts

Thanks John, I’ve decided to give it a go, there is stuff I want to watch on there that’s disappeared from Netflix and they seem to have a far better collection of air crash investigation than nowTV have so I can ditch that instead, particularly as now haave started showing adverts!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

They know because this is NOT a statement credit offer. It is an affiliate offer which will only be verified if Disney+ tells them to.

marks7389 425 posts

Disneyplus is £7.99/month, so just under £24 for 3 months, so you’re getting instant cash saving as good as any other 3x value one on clubcard.

If you want it for three months. So many streaming services these days it often makes sense to binge-watch what you want and move on…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.