Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Did anyone else have their (Gold Amex) card cancelled today?

• irishtravelguy 4 posts

Hello HfP community!

My Gold card was, strangely, removed from Apple Pay this afternoon, and when I tried to make a payment this evening the transaction was declined. Logging into the app I found “card is cancelled” at the top of the screen. Customer service said a “security update” has caused this abs my account will be useable by 22:00 tonight. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
    J

Harrier25 850 posts

Nope.

NorthernLass 7,469 posts

Is the card still active in your Amex account? If so this sounds like a Apple Pay issue and not an Amex one.

Carlos 758 posts

Happened once a few minutes about enquiring to cancel or options available.
    The customer agent accidentally cancelled it without any notice after I ended the call and card was no longer working
    In fairness it took one call and card was reinstated without any issues the same day. A bit scary though.

irishtravelguy 4 posts

Is the card still active in your Amex account? If so this sounds like a Apple Pay issue and not an Amex one.

No, the card was actually showing as cancelled in my account. The tech issue has supposedly been resolved, however I have been told that the card will not start working for another 24-48 hours…how strange.

J

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.