Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Do I have to pay to check out early?

• VickyTM 111 posts

I have a 8 night stay booked in a Holiday Inn. It’s on the “cancellable till day before” rate. If my plans change and I need to check out mid- way through my stay, do I just pay for the nights I have stayed, or would I be liable for the whole booking?
    Thanks

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,072 posts

The one time I left early (an Indigo) in March 2020 the receptionist was apologetic but said I’d still have to pay the full bill.

Luckily it was only £350 odd for 4 nights and I left after the 1st.

If possible why not split the bookings for 4+4 nights as it would give you the flexibility to leave early.

Or you could book a block for the nights you know you’ll stay and then book the rest of the stay as individual nights (but keep an eye on the cancellation terms as sometimes they may be the day before the day before the stay)

VickyTM 111 posts

Thanks – yes it might be best to split it into 2 bookings – good plan!

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

I often book a combination of stay lengths: 1 night, then 2 nights and then 1 night for four nights in Tahiti, for example – since I have no idea yet which flight on which day Air Tahiti Nui will eventually settle on!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.