Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Does Curve Card work any more?

• CharlesAnnick 5 posts

I have a curve card that I used now and then, especially for out of of UK spend. No, recycling or anything like that.
    But, nothing works on it anymore. My IHG premium card was not closed (yet?), but curve transactions back to my IHG are declined. I was told by creation that they would be. Transactions back to my Tesco card are all declined. I value my HSBC premium Mastercard too much to link it to curve, and I read somewhere that they won’t give points for transactions linked to curve anyways.

Curve offers vague non answers to these issues when contacting them.

Time to bin it ?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Sam 96 posts

Still works here but I’m now only using crypto.com behind it now and it’s all genuine spend

Mick S 271 posts

are you topping up crypto.com with curve? It was supposed to work from December 1st but always fails for me, regardless of underlying card.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Creation doesn’t allow IHG cards to be linked to Curve and Tesco closed bank account. Why would they work?
    All other cards work perfectly fine.

SteveJ 977 posts

Cancelled mine after they accused me of dodgy transactions with NS&I

Dr Tom 19 posts

I make most payments with Curve linked to my Crypto.com prepayment account. I do this as occasional Crypto.com does not give cash back, in which case, I go back in time to use another card which does.

Some people use another strategy, which is Curve linked to another card, wait for the CRO price to dip, then go back in time then to maximise the return.

If anyone has figured out a route to top up the prepayment account using Curve, feel free to let me know. It’s always blocked for me.

mj 2 posts

Tried to link my Virgin credit card to curve last night. Would not work

Sam 96 posts

I have topped it up from revolut in the past but I don’t bother these days. Just from a bank account now, takes seconds

SteveJ 977 posts

I have topped it up from revolut in the past but I don’t bother these days. Just from a bank account now, takes seconds

You’ve put Revolut behind curve? Why?

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

Just cancel Curve. It really isn’t worth the hassle.

You never know if you’ll be charged a cash advance fee, or declined for no reason, or maybe get your card cancelled.

Even simple questions about the curve cash back not tracking gets replies threatening breach of T& C’s, and heaven forbid you might need to dispute a transaction – you’ll be treated like a criminal.

I hope Rob valued the referrals. It’s been nothing but a headache for me.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Sam 96 posts

You’ve put Revolut behind curve? Why?

No, not behind. I topped up crypto using revolut using a cc, prob ihg. Which doesn’t work anymore (and prob incurred charges if not paid off quickly). It was a while back, can’t remember

Sam 96 posts

Just cancel Curve. It really isn’t worth the hassle.

You never know if you’ll be charged a cash advance fee, or declined for no reason, or maybe get your card cancelled.

Even simple questions about the curve cash back not tracking gets replies threatening breach of T& C’s, and heaven forbid you might need to dispute a transaction – you’ll be treated like a criminal.

I hope Rob valued the referrals. It’s been nothing but a headache for me.

It was definitely worth the hassle for me with IHG. But those days are gone. At the moment, I get more declines from Amex plat than curve which very rarely has issues for me unlike the plat which is way too regular

QFFlyer 155 posts

Won’t work with any Creation card now after the recent saga. It does still work with others, I’ve got it linked to a Diners Club card (an actual benefit to using Curve other than just to front credit transactions, because of Diners’ lesser acceptance).

Use it mostly on forex transactions – the DC card has no forex fees, but I find the rate Curve apply is actually better than the DC’s issuing bank.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    JohnTh 61 posts

Need it for Virgin card as that doesn’t work with Google pay.

Dr Tom 19 posts

Curve card has been declined in two shops today (which turned out to be three transactions as I tried with the pin after contactless failed). All three charges show on the underlying card though.

Anyone else had problems?

We’re only talking a few pounds and I’m sure this will correct itself, but a bit annoying as I had some pricier Christmas gifts to purchase (which I won’t risk putting through Curve today now).

Awentford 17 posts

Curve not working for me today on HMRC, it’s pending in Curve but unsuccessful on HMRC. worked fine last month.

RobL 72 posts

+1
    (worked fine yesterday though)

sara 32 posts

+1 my Curve is being declined at multiple shops this morning

Sam 96 posts

Yup, same here today, getting declines on the POS but curve and underlying saying charged (after my earlier post of saying I’ve never had issues. Sorry, all my fault)

Reney 756 posts

Yup, same here today, getting declines on the POS but curve and underlying saying charged (after my earlier post of saying I’ve never had issues. Sorry, all my fault)

same here at two different places. Curve wants me to use it more and I’m trying…

sara 32 posts

It’s a known issue at Curve. It seems to all be working again now. But the failed charges have gone through (pending) to the underlying card and so that’s money that can’t be spent elsewhere. And just before Christmas. Terrible timing! I hope the refunds post for everyone quickly.

Dr Tom 19 posts

Thanks to everyone for confirming. Glad it isn’t just me (although not glad you’re going through this irritating process).

MD 14 posts

According to their Twitter account they’ve fixed it. No word yet on what will happen to the multiple transactions where I appear to have been charged twice.

rams 223 posts

Curve fast becoming abysmal. Replied to my complaints about being charged a fronted fee with a blurb about transactions not going through. Utter idiots. How can they still rely on a message chat system when they don’t even reply to it

rams 223 posts

So received a reply by complaining via email. Not satisfactory response so gone back.

In the meantime I do l tend to put my non-MS transactions through Curve to give them normal spend. Paid for a car service online and they’ve classified it as “HMRC” and charged a fronted fee. Total joke. Two issues – it’s not HMRC and secondly fronted was off and it still went through with a fee. That is totally unreasonable (and more so when you think there is still no way to track fronted spend). Going forward normal spend goes elsewhere as you can’t risk them charging you a fee whenever they feel like it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.