Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• sideshowbob 39 posts

I have just received the following email from BA:

You can now enjoy double Avios on up to four flights flown anywhere on our network, including UK domestic flights, between now and 31 January 2023. All you need to do is register for this offer and book by 20 November 2022.

This also applies to all British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between North America and Europe.

What’s more, book a holiday and you’ll be treated to two Avios for every £1 you spend. Whether it’s visiting loved ones, a last minute getaway, or an escape from reality, your time away will be even more rewarding.

Will this be applied to flights already booked I wonder?

Angelamc11 195 posts

T&C’s suggest it is only for booking made from today, so no.

Andrew J 769 posts

“Registration must take place before booking in order to qualify.”

JDB 4,374 posts

The answer to your question is within the text you have pasted. No.

George K 292 posts

The official answer is no, but if you do have some flights booked already, go to MMB and check the projected avios reward for each one. I’ve got a trip booked way before this double avios offer came through (for which I still have had no email…), for which the total has been doubled.

No guarantees this will end up like that, but something to check, for sure

RK228 204 posts

The official answer is no, but if you do have some flights booked already, go to MMB and check the projected avios reward for each one. I’ve got a trip booked way before this double avios offer came through (for which I still have had no email…), for which the total has been doubled.

No guarantees this will end up like that, but something to check, for sure

Hmmm, I registered for the double Avios using the link and then looked at our existing holiday booking for mid-November and the Avios for the booking in MMB have actually doubled…

Lady London 2,045 posts

BA’s IT giveth, and BA’s IT taketh away.
    Plenty of times BA systems don’t display correctly, and the correct thing then happens. Or occasionally vice versa. You may get lucky but I’d not count on it.

davefl 1,223 posts

I’ve just registered and my existing BA Holidays booking for the week after next has doubled the avios total.

I certainly won’t be complaining if I get double TP and an extra 4k avios.

PB2 198 posts

I was just looking at some Avios/TP earning for planned routes on the BA Avios calculator. Weirdly all BA flights showing double than if switching to Iberia (who have same multiplier for status and cabin – at least for now), on various routes. BA app also showing double for prospective bookings, just before payment. This must be a glitch as the promotion isn’t even double what say a silver member would get in business – it’s only double the base Avios (then tier or cabin bonus as normal). Strange!

Mouse 173 posts

Did anyone save the T&Cs for this offer? I can’t find them on the BA website.

tical 18 posts

There was a similar offer running at the start of November and double avios have still not posted

Mouse 173 posts

There was a similar offer running at the start of November and double avios have still not posted

My avios have posted, just a different number than I expected, and different out vs return despite same fare class.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.