Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Double points promotion on Marriott Mastercard

• RussellH 154 posts

Last Monday, 4 April, got an e-mail from Creation stating:-

Double Your Points
    Earn 2 points per £1 on everyday UK spend. The double points offer is for eligible purchases made on your Marriott Bonvoy® Credit Card and Marriott Rewards® Credit Card and at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy between 01 April and 30 June 2022. Excludes Balance Transfers, Cash Advances and Gambling. Points earned will be posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account within 60 days of the offer end date (30 June 2022).

Interestingly, it goes on to say:

2 points per £1 on everyday UK spend.
    4 points per £1 spent at UK hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy.
    8 points per £1 spent at overseas hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy and everyday overseas spend.

8 points on everyday overseas spend seems worth having if one values 1 point at 0.5p.

I am a little surprised I have seen nothing about this here – I also looked for a thread under Amex, as I assumed that there would be something for Marriott Amex card holders too. Are they not getting an equivalent offer?

harley 109 posts

I would be cautious of the cowboys at creation. They ran a similar offer last summer for the IHG credit card, the promotion ended and they awarded 22pence out of the £52 owed to me ( about 80 days after). They altered the terms of the promtion to suit them and is currently with the FOS and ASA

RussellH 154 posts

I would be cautious of the cowboys at creation. They ran a similar offer last summer for the IHG credit card, the promotion ended and they awarded 22pence out of the £52 owed to me ( about 80 days after). They altered the terms of the promtion to suit them and is currently with the FOS and ASA

I never got it for my IHG card last summer, but did have it for the Marriott Card then too. Points arrived a week or so later than promised, but they certainly turned up OK.

Never had any problems with the Creation IHG card, unlike its Barclaycard pre-decessor.
    There have been a few missing / delayed points on the Marriott Card over the years, but it has always been quickly sorted out by a contact at Marriott (not Creation).

I actually find Creation to be one of the better points card issuers. Needless to say, neither my partner nor I were affected by the cull last December. Certainly better than Barclaycard, who were OK around 7 years ago in that they corrected their errors promptly and paid compensation. now their CS is abysmal.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.