Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Covid travel Dubai testing requirements – any experience with children?

Dubai testing requirements – any experience with children?

• Howard

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had been to Dubai recently with kids. From what i can see online, under 12s are exempt from PCR and adults need to have one within 72 hours of departure. Just wanted to confirm if this is correct or if i am missing something?

Thanks!!

Mart

They are now testing everyone over 12 on arrival also.

Howard

Thanks, is this the official policy now, can’t see anything online about it?

JD

Howard – this is how I read it as well, adults PCR within 72 hours of departure, kids under 12 no requirement to test.

@Mart
    – is that everyone over 12 off every flight from the UK? or random testing? The guidance online suggests random testing, but maybe they have switched given the UK’s covid numbers…

Mart

Last saturday every flight into T1 all passengers except UAE nationals even with negative PCR tests
    Results within 5hrs

scottishwolf

We arrived on Tuesday.

No random testing or any rechecking of our pre departure PCR results, bar a cursory glance to get on the transit train.

If you’d arrived from a similarly timed Nigeria flight then you were being put in a different queue to be tested.

Pointy

Where do you wait for those 5hrs? Do you need to stay in the terminal or can you head off to your accommodation?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.