Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help easyJet claiming arrival before it arrived – claim help

• Niall 112 posts

My flight some time ago from LGW to AGP (Malaga) was delayed over 3 hours.

I made a claim under EC261 on their site which has been automatically rejected by EasyJet where the tracker says an email has been sent (but not received). I can see why the rejection was automatic… my flight was due in at 23:00 EasyJet system says landed 01:57, but this is the time the plane wheels hit the runway and not when doors open etc. Fortunately I video recorded the plane doors not open and google for the time to prove this! I do remember someone here mentioning there was a case which showed the arrival time to be when doors open.

I have no way to send comments or pictures to EasyJet though on the form and even their email reply to that claim form (from a different claim) doesn’t have any contact details.

Can someone help advise on next steps. I would like to simply send the right person at EasyJet the evidence.

I won’t let EasyJet away with this after they made me earn flight club membership then didn’t send and after they blamed a 2 day delay previously on the weather when the pilot told us fault with the plane!

Lady London 2,048 posts

I think you’re going to have to send a signed-for letter with attachments by snail mail. Might as well make it a Letter Before Action if you’re going to that trouble.

@JDB
    may have a better idea.

Niall 112 posts

Thanks Lady London!

EasyJet (automated) email today says as expected that it wasn’t over 3 hours delay. Hopefully @JDM will weigh in, but if not, will send a Letter Before Action. Thank you!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.