Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Erroneously registered

• Loz 4 posts

Someone seems to have erroneously used my email address to register their IHG Rewards account. Got a programme registration successful email a few days ago and subsequent ‘how was your stay at X hotel I’ve never been to’ email thereafter. Any suggestions for resolving without a lot of hassle? Thanks!

Mick S 271 posts

reset the password, the email will obviously come to you.

either, periodically login and cancel future bookings 🙂 or, just request the account be closed.

davefl 1,218 posts

You can write to the Data Protection Officer, privacyoffice@ihg.com and ask for that email address to be removed from the account.

Some companies are better than others at this, Screwfix were pretty good when someone added my postal address to their screwfix account and I got his junk mail. Avis however were utterly abysmal when someone in France combined their account with mine and I spent 2 years getting Avis spam in French. Had to threaten legal action to get them to stop. Don’t get me started on the effort of trying to get off Turkish airlines marketing spam list

Chas 143 posts

Can you transfer their points to your account….?

SGJNI 69 posts

Last year I saw I had been credited with a stay at LAX, somewhere I have stayed in the past but not as credited. Freaked out that my account had been hacked and got on the phone at once to the hotel, an expensive call to Los Angeles! They weren’t very interested and said it was a clerical error, same name, different address, simple mistake and they would change it, which they did after about 12 hours. The problem seemed to be at reception where there was a choice of guests in the system with the same name!!??

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.