Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club EU261- Kudos to Virgin

• Gary 293 posts

Booked four LHR-CPT UC seats in Mar 2021 with points and VA+ CC vouchers to travel in Nov 21. The flight was cancelled by VA in Sep 21. Never contacted VA until prompted by HfP article VA resuming direct daily CPT flights. Went on VA chat to rebook for Feb half term 2023 last night.

The CSA was extremely efficient in that not much chatter but delivered booking as specified all within 40mins. Zero discussion about peak vs off-peak, ticket validity, difference in carrier surcharges, or reward seat availability (there weren’t any for our dates). All seats reflected in Flying Club account already. To top it off, CSA asked at the end if any seat, dietary, medical requirements.

Virgin adheres to the letter and spirit of EU261 with grace. When many have been mistreated for so long exercising EU261 by the other airline, perhaps this is how it should have always been. Well done VA!

StillintheSun 137 posts

Virgin were very good with me in sorting out a KLM flight to CPT this year that was cancelled. Their product generally and service is streets ahead of BA. Big shout out to the lovely Swansea call centre staff. It would be good to have an ongoing thread celebrating good customer care. We could then vote with our wallets where possible.

Panda Mick 41 posts

I’ve had to cancel a flight for my mum later in the year with VS because of illness. The call centre staff handled things with genuine empathy, and flight was refunded within the 14 days as promised. A credit to Virgin

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.