Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Can I earn points from food and drink spend without a stay?

• johnny5a 14 posts

I need 360 points to achieve my target of 50000 looking to trigger my 25000 bonus.

I would have made this target of creation transferred my 2000 points to ihg which they haven’t.

I can’t find a room low enough by me to justify doing a mattress stay.

Has anyone successfully had points credited just for eating/drinking at an ihg hotel without a stay? Thanks

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    ChrisC 956 posts

Are you sure about that because Spire needs 55k qualifying points not 50k on the reduced thresholds.

Remember as well that IHG offers qualifying points for using their link to open table. Rob wrote an article on what counted as qualifying points so have a search for that. That should include whether F&B spend is included

johnny5a 14 posts

Thanks @ChrisC, just looked this could work especially with the 500 point first booking. my only concern will they points post in time

johnny5a 14 posts

On the suggestion of someone else, I just called up IHG Rewards asking whether they could comp me the 352 points, which they did after a short chat with supervisor. I tried this 3 days days ago, I had a flat no, so it’s worth hanging up and calling to speak to someone else.

TGLoyalty 514 posts

So you were 352 short of 55k not 50k?

Btw I have got points in the Middle East and even a discount no idea if thats a global thing as I’ve never eaten/drank at an IHG hotel without staying in the U.K.

JohnTh 61 posts

Don’t forget IHG extras of 150 points for a restaurant booking. May just be enough if you are dining out anyway.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.