Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Finnair flights with BAEC earn new tier bonus / more avios

• PB2 198 posts

Did I miss this? Looks like when crediting Finnair flights to BAEC, we now get a bonus based on BAEC tier (was not the case before), and the earn rate in business I for example (from 1 June 2022) jumps from 125% to 150%. Happy days!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-es/executive-club/collecting-avios/flights

ChrisA 12 posts

‘I’m not sure’ is my answer, but just to say that I got 2200 avios for an LHR-HEL flight in I last Saturday (BA Silver), but in fact the flight calculator says 1865 now, so maybe there has been a change (and not always for the better!)

PB2 198 posts

Hmm interesting. Not sure if I can explain the figure of 2200 Avios (on the link above, without selecting the calculator button, scroll down to the Finnair tab, which is showing the tables for before 1 June and after). From my experience, back in January I was booking finnair flights (and have screenshots on my phone of the BAEC Avios calculator). There was no tier point multiple if Bronze/Silver/Gold, so a Blue and Gold member would get the same Avios – and business I bucket was base miles x1.25. So AGP HEL as Silver earnt 2084 base x 1.25 = 2605, with no silver bonus in our case. Now it will earn 2084 x 1.5 = 3126 (plus 15% of the base 2084 = 313 as silver), totalling 3439. An extra 834 Avios in this case 🙂

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    PB2 198 posts

I do wonder if your LHR HEL was booked with a BA flight number on the ticket – rather than a Finnair service with AY ticket code? With a BA code you would expect a 150% bonus for I business and a further 150% for being Silver, so the 1130 base miles have 50% added twice, giving an expected earn of 2260 Avios. Just a thought!

ChrisA 12 posts

Aha, yes that’s absolutely correct! It was one of those sub-£250 Travelup returns, with a BA flight number.

PeteM 717 posts

Yea, we got 2,260 for those flights, booked via TravelUp on BA flight numbers.

anonymess 16 posts

Seems like very good news – thanks for letting us know. Finnair is a great way to get to Asia and beyond.

PB2 198 posts

Agreed, welcome news!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.