Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club First time points user – advice please!

• Joanic 1 post

Hello all –

I’m a first time user of a credit card companion voucher, and additionally, have a number of points as well. I’m looking to you knowledgeable people to see if my scenario for my family holiday is viable –

We’re planning on going to Orlando next June/July from MAN in PE- there are 4 of us (2 adults, 1 16 year old and 1 15 year old). Is it possible for me to use my companion voucher and also buy a seat with points, leaving only taxes for those two seats, and then pay for the remaining two seats in cash? i.e

Seat 1 – Companion Voucher
    Seat 2 – Points Seat
    Seat 3 – Cash seat
    Seat 4 – Cash seat

Is this doable and in this set up, do 3 reward seats need to be available (two for the companion voucher and one for the points?)

Thanks in advance!

ekposh 220 posts

You can but I envisage a few issues from recent experience. You don’t need 3 reward seats by the way, just the two.

But a points tickets and get the other free with the “companion / credit voucher” so just two needed. This should be fairly easy but if you are going during school hols you’ll need to be very quick off the trigger (I called at 530am and the seats were gone after being released at 5am). You’ll probably have to ring 330 days before the outbound to get them and then call back for the return.

The problem here is that at 330 days before, the cash prices are still outrageous so you probably won’t want to book them. I’d prioritise the 2 reward seats and worry about the cash ones later. If it all goes wrong, worst case is you pay £30pp and get a refund on the tickets and fly Aer Lingus for example.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.