Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club First Wing and lounge access

• jj 517 posts

What’s the guesting policy for the First wing? As Gold, can I bring others in my party along with me on a short haul flight? Does it make a difference if they are on the same booking reference? I’m interested both in First check-in and the First lounge.

We’ll probably be a party of 6 with two Gold card holders.

ChrisC 956 posts

Each gold card holder can have one guest.

jj 517 posts

Thanks, ChrisC – that’s obvious now I think about it, as First Wing security empties straight into the First lounge, so First check-in must follow the lounge guesting policy.

Ned 15 posts

I think it’s slightly more subtle than this. I have had a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) check in with one gold card in the first check in (and never been turned away) and then it’s up to the staff on the first scanning point after check in whether you are allowed through to first security which leads then onto first lounge. I have had mixed success with this bit.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Check-in at First Wing desks is generally fine for whole party (non-First wing security eligible passengers would then proceed to Business Fast Track or regular South Security lanes).

First wing security (and therefore Galleries First lounge access) is strictly cardholder +1 guest (though on weekends / off peak travel times you may have luck with small children being permitted, in addition to +1)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.