Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Flight cancellation – air traffic restriction for Queen’s funeral

• Terwri 23 posts

A friend has just had her Monday 19th 16:30 lhr to venice cancelled and doesnt seem to have a cost free rebooking option. Anyone else got the email?

Terwri 23 posts

Strangely the 16:30 is not available on the Tuesday either – are they using the funeral to reduce capacity?

SamG 1,639 posts

May need to wait a little while for the rebooking options to appear (or can call in / live chat if a suitable flight has been identified)

There were quite a few cancellations anyway due to the flight cap so a flight operating / not operating on any particular day is not related to the funeral. The request I believe is for a 40% reduction in movements between approx 2-8pm

M001 6 posts

Definitely regretting the Ex-EU flight to the US from Dublin via Heathrow on Monday! I’m bracing for the worst….

Terwri 23 posts

Seems to be sorted now after a lengthy call with a helpful person. I assume this will be excluded from Eu261 compensation?

Lady London 2,030 posts

Yes.

Skywalker 693 posts

Heathrow’s statement on the matter.

Charles Martel 124 posts

All you can do in these situations is pack an extra pair of underpants.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.