Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Flying Blue miles about to expire, any ideas how to extend?

• krautboy 56 posts

I have a small amount of 18k Miles with Flying Blue expiring end of December. Currently no need to book flights. Any idea if I can transfer them somewhere so I dont lose them?

Thanks

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Accor is your best bet. It’s either 4:1 or 4,500 to 1, so you’ll end up with 4,000 Acccor points. Use for €80 off a hotel room or move to Avios in Iberia (4,000 Avios).

chocbix 2 posts

I have 3997 Flying Blue Miles expiring at the end of December. Do I have any other options other than to donate them to charity?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

That’s annoying! 4000 would get you 1,000 Accor points, so 1,000 Avios or €20 off a hotel.

You may want to use 500 Amex points to get you to 4,497 to let you transfer across to Accor.

chocbix 2 posts

Unfortunately I don’t have any Amex points – could be useful for someone else though.
    Thanks

Neil 14 posts

They have an online shop where you can spend points and I think you can do points + cash for some things so might be something you need / want / could give at Christmas if delivery is quick

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.