Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Covid travel Flying to Maldives via Qatar – VeriFLY confusion

Flying to Maldives via Qatar – VeriFLY confusion

• Cat

Hi all,

You’ll have to forgive me. As a seasoned traveller, it hurts to ask newb questions, but I literally haven’t got on a plane or left the country for nearly 3 years, and I suddenly feel like I have no idea what I’m doing!

I downloaded the Verifly app, and tried to enter the details of my trip to the Maldives – is it just me, or is Verifly a bag of sh!te? I can’t seem to enter a trip to the Maldives at all, and if I try to enter a trip to Qatar, it says that “Non-citizen passengers entering or transiting through Qatar must have a negative PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival into the country”. Yet this is refuted on every website I can find, including Qatar Airways, where it says “Passengers who are transiting through Doha, and not leaving the airport, are not required to present any test results or certifications above the requirements of their departure or destination country.”. I’m 99% certain I don’t need a PCR, but am absolutely terrified I’m missing something, and I’ll get to the airport and have a disaster at the airport and not be able to board.

I am actually having literal nightmares about this!

I went through Manage my booking and filled in the usual info, and went to the IMUGA website and completed the Traveller Declaration Verification form. I’ve checked the FCO website pages for Qatar and the Maldives. Is there anything I’m forgetting missing, mind-numbingly dense for not knowing that you can think of?

All advice so very gratefully received. I’ll just be here hyperventilating into a paper bag in the meantime!

TIA

Cat

modestpointscollector

Surprised no one replied to this already – Have you travelled yet?

Maldives isn’t on the list for Verifly if you fly with BA… But if you’re flying via Qatar are you flying BA or Qatar? As Qatar Airways don’t use Verifly at all anyway!

The best site is the Sherpa one I think – If you put the details it confirms you don’t need to do anything for Doha, just the form for the Maldives

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions/MDV?originCountry=GBR&nationality=USA&departureTransitCountries=QAT&departureTransitRegions=QA-DA&departureTransitAirports=DOH&returnTransitCountries=QAT&returnTransitRegions=QA-DA&returnTransitAirports=DOH&departureDate=2022-04-13&returnDate=2022-04-20&tripType=roundTrip&transitType=bothWays&fullyVaccinated=true&language=en-US

• This reply was modified 53 years, 1 month ago by .
    NorthernLass

Hi @Cat – hope you have (or are having) a fabulous time. I can’t speak for QR but yes there are definitely issues with VeriFly, I hope it’s binned soon!

AFKAE

Probably not a massive help to you, but I definitely used VeriFly on a trip to Maldives in November last year. It was however a direct flight with BA.

modestpointscollector

Probably not a massive help to you, but I definitely used VeriFly on a trip to Maldives in November last year. It was however a direct flight with BA.

I also used it last year but looking at the app recently it’s not on there any more and not on the website either: https://support.myverifly.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403310368274-British-Airways

Possibly because there’s no testing involved now and it just needs the passenger detail form?

• This reply was modified 53 years, 1 month ago by .
    Cat

Thanks for the replies @modestpointscollector, @NorthernLass and @AFKAE! I got there in the end, although getting through Qatar airport, and all of the document checks that they hadn’t told us about, was a bit of a nightmare!

It was all fine in the end.

pureshtuyot

regarding flying via Qatar I just read on onemileatatime.com about the crazy ordeal many have experienced.
    It appears that if your ticket shows you are only transiting (on a single ticket) then there’s no problem. I’m planning on transiting to South Africa but would love to spend a few hours in Doha.
    I am not vaxxed.
    Does anyone have any recent experience?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.