Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Covid travel Flying to US with BA – how to upload covid docs?

Flying to US with BA – how to upload covid docs?

• Reney

BA is sending me emails saying I need to upload my vaccine status but I can’t find where to upload. Flying on Wednesday, thanks for helping!

BA Flyer IHG Stayer

There is usually a link in MMB if not the email.

But you could also just wait till you get to the airport.

NorthernLass

Is there still a vaccine requirement or is it just that BA hasn’t caught up yet? We’re off to IAD in 3 weeks and will probably be unable to do ONLI again due to our connecting flight. Even many boosters are going to be out of date at this stage.

dougzz99

My understanding is that you need to have proof of vaccination, and sign the attestation. Check MMB for a link, or you can do Verifly. The attestation is easily done electronically. In terms of Vaccination I’m not sure what counts, I believe it’s just the original jab(s), as in one of Moderna or Pfizer, and 2 of AZ. I flew on Thursday with AA, but have had both boosters, so can’t offer a definite on this.

From CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#fully-vaccinated

Are you Fully Vaccinated for Air Travel to the United States?

You are considered fully vaccinated:

2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
    2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
    2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial
    2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart*

If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.

A person who has received only one dose of an accepted 2-dose series and has recovered from COVID-19 does not meet this definition, and therefore is NOT considered fully vaccinated for travel to the United States.

*CDC has not recommended the use of mix-and-match COVID-19 vaccine primary series. However, such strategies are increasingly common in many countries outside of the United States. Therefore, for the purpose of interpreting vaccination records for travel to the United States, CDC will accept combinations of accepted COVID-19 vaccines.

NorthernLass

We’re all vaxxed and recently boosted. I thought they’d abandoned all restrictions but it must just be the pre-departure test – at least that’s gone though! It was right faff to get it done within the time scale with connecting flights to factor in. I assume it’ll still be impossible to check in online from MAN so we’ll just show everything at bag drop again.

NorthernLass

There’s no mention of vaccines or attestation in MMB. I can’t remember at what point the attestation needs doing – will we need to resurrect Verifly (even though we still couldn’t OLCI after completing it!)?

*Slight correction – it only mentions Covid tests in MMB but if you open that link it takes you to the attestation form where you can confirm you are vaccinated.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer

You can’t upload vaccination status or complete the attestation until a couple of days before the flight. Getting the email is the point from which you can do it.

No need to use verifly.

There is no expiry dates on boosters at the moment.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.