Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Getting to East Asia with a 2-4-1

• BJ 657 posts

Just redeemed my lottery ticket for next summer along with amex voucer. INV-HND out, HKG-EDI back. All J, total tax and fees just under £650 plus 150k avios.
    Also got JAL KIX-BKK fees near double what they used to be and about to increase further I believe. BKK-HKG on Cathay used to be a sweetspot, no more – fees are now roughly the same as a Y cash ticket. Need to check J when I can find availability; also RJ and Sri Lankan. Air Asia cash tickets currently more expensive than Cathay – strange times indeed!

polly 289 posts

@BJ
    Well done on getting your flts next summer. That new BA voucher is wonderful really. He will love QR.
    We just had our HKG o/w home J new 241 cancelled, late Nov. Can’t get us back on QR, waiting for an agreement with CX. Tax v low, def sweet spot still. Our CX flt from KUL changed to day before we fly from PEN. But will take train now down to KUL. BA said they will match up our CX connection when we get our new flt sorted. I did mention they will have to continue to pay for us to stay at the E and O, Penang until they can get us home. Atm it’s 4 days later, could be more. Not objecting…

Michael C 671 posts

@BJ
    Well done on getting your flts next summer. That new BA voucher is wonderful really. He will love QR.
    We just had our HKG o/w home J new 241 cancelled, late Nov. Can’t get us back on QR, waiting for an agreement with CX. Tax v low, def sweet spot still. Our CX flt from KUL changed to day before we fly from PEN. But will take train now down to KUL. BA said they will match up our CX connection when we get our new flt sorted. I did mention they will have to continue to pay for us to stay at the E and O, Penang until they can get us home. Atm it’s 4 days later, could be more. Not objecting…

The E&O/train trip combo sounds fabulous, Polly – hope it turns out to be a fortnight later for you!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.