Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Heathrow hotels – best option?

• John 1,000 posts

Heathrow should really be thought of as 3 separate airports. The only actual link is that you and any interlined checked luggage can transit between flights between those 3 “airports” without entering the UK.

(Advanced users can use T3 lounges with a T5 BP at the cost of considerable hassle and time.)

Actually if Paddington hotel (e.g. Hilton) + HEx round trip is cheaper than T5 Sofitel that would be just as convenient for T3.

StaggerLee 61 posts

Can I ask what you ended up doing.? I’ off to Nassau in a few months and, as BA have cancelled the morning flight from MAN, I am staying over at Heathrow the night before. Being an amputee my mobility is very hit and miss so am trying to work out the best option.

Cheers

phantomchickenz 293 posts

Looking at the Crowne Plaza T4 LHR for one night before a trip to AMS. What does the ‘Club Floor’ get you? Trying to judge if it’s worth the extra £31.

VALittleRed 122 posts

(Advanced users can use T3 lounges with a T5 BP at the cost of considerable hassle and time.)

I presume that’s by clearing T5 security then staying on a transit train through to arrivals and then airside transit to T3? Issue I presume it getting security status cleared on the return T3>T5 entry?

phantomchickenz 293 posts

Looking at the Crowne Plaza T4 LHR for one night before a trip to AMS. What does the ‘Club Floor’ get you? Trying to judge if it’s worth the extra £31.

Scratch that, found the HfP review.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.