Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Hitting Marriott status with a stay over year end?

• YC 221 posts

Are there any issues with staying the required nights in 2021 but either the stay posts in 2022 or is missing (and retrospectively get the nights for 2021)? Will you still get the next level up for 2022?

And if you hit titanium – what are people’s preferences on 40k night cert vs 5 SNAs?

Matt 320 posts

I hit titanium for the first and possibly last time this year, and chose the free night. Should be able to use that for a decent room for free, whereas the SNA results vary significantly according to reports of FT

Paasan69 30 posts

I’m also in this position. I can now choose two Annual Choice Benefits. I believe I will choose the 5 SNA’s and the free night as none of the other benefits looks compelling. I’ve read the HfP articles and comments about these benefits and believe that consensus is that the SNA’s and free night are the best options. Any input appreciated.

Sparkzilla 4 posts

Hi, I always choose the free night for my 75 night choice benefit, I’ve had a varying degree of luck for the on Suite Night awards and don’t really rate them that highly. This year, im choosing the 5 elite nights as my 50 night benefit, for two reasons
    1) i’ve stayed 74 nights this year, so choosing this will push me over 75 night to unlock the platinum Annual Choice benefit
    2) im 5 nights from lifetime platinum and the elite nights count as lifetime points.
    I don’t think there is a right option for everyone, just do it on your circumstances. I personally have opted for both the SNA and the 5 elite night points for my 50 night award, as i’ve been chasing lifetime platinum for the past couple of years. The SNA don’t always work for me though. My family like holidays where we spend a couple of nights in one place and them move on, we therefore tend to book hotels towards the lower service end of the brands and therefore suites are not that exciting. For upgrades, I’ve had more success emailing the hotel in advance (Facebook messaging is a great option here) and explaining my family are going on holiday and are really excited to visit the hotel and surrounding areas. I cheekly ask for an upgrade by stating im a titanium member and while i appreciate they have limited rooms, we would really hope they can offer an upgrade if possible. I also book dinner at the hotel to show im willing to spend some money there.

YC 221 posts

Tempted by the 40k cert over 5SNAs given generally get decent upgrades.

On my first part of the question – any issues if my nights post in 2022, will this still trigger titanium? Having some issues with recent stays taking a long time to post (>1 week) and nervous with marriott IT.

WalterWolffish 2 posts

Yes, I am also interested in this last query as I had a 5 night stay (27Dec-01Jan) that should tip me on to Platinum.

Interesting that in the last hour it is now showing me as Platinum but the 5 nights are not yet visible. I also have 15 nights showing for 2022 already — I assume this is linked to the Bonvoy Amex. If so, that was quick!

YC 221 posts

Got my nights posted and all worked as expected. Any idea when the free night cert top up feature will go live?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.