Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Holiday tier points – nearly Gold

• lm_388 4 posts

Hello,

Looking for some advice and if anyone has experienced the same.

I have just come back from a BA holiday and received the “normal” tier points of 160. Holiday was more than 5 nights so making use of the double points offer.

My tier point collection year ends on the 8th September. I am currently on 1100 points (so 25 short for gold). I have yet to receive the double tier points from the offer.

Historically BA has taken 2-3 months to post my previous points from holiday bookings and normally the date shows as the one from when they were posted (as opposed to holiday date). So hence these would appear after the 8th September.

Do you think
    1) BA would backdate my gold status given these points were earned before tier collection year?
    2) or should I book a last minute flight to get the extra 25 points before my tier point collection year ends?

Thanks

sayling 50 posts

Points over the last week or so have been posted a LOT quicker, so you should find out soon.

They also seem to be posting correctly now, ie wef from the date flown, not the date posted – if you get anything different, send an email

m0deller 10 posts

We’ve had double points posted within 2 weeks of August trip.

cats_are_best 98 posts

Mine appeared a couple of days ago. When I login and click on “all transactions”, it shows…

Transaction:
    20-Jul-22

Posted:
    31-Aug-22

Avios:
    BA HOLIDAYS – TIER POINT AWARD 160

Return flight was 17th August, TP posted exactly two weeks later, with transaction date of the outbound flight.

yonasl 952 posts

They will backdate your tier points but the good news is that they will manually change your status to Gold for the new year (meaning you get the new year, next one and then the third as silver).

If anything, I would recommend you wait so they post the new TPS on the new year.

Just fyi, I did have the same with silver. Finished my year as bronze and then when they posted my double TPs they did it for the previous year but the status was for the new year and the next one.

lm_388 4 posts

Thanks All for your help!

BA credited the bonus tier points today (less than 2 weeks after trip). My tier point collection year ended yesterday. But good news.. I am now Gold!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.