Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How long do companion vouchers take to be returned?

• hollymcr 10 posts

I cancelled a flight, which used a companion voucher, on 13th May.

How long does it take for the voucher to be returned to my account?

It expires 14th July so I need it back soon if I’m going to have any hope of using it!

If relevant it was cancelled about 25h before flight departure, so longer than the 24hr required for us to get it back, but not by much.

JDB 4,378 posts

You need to chase them up re the companion voucher – it’s the one thing that is normally returned to the account almost immediately, and the Avios also quite quickly, even if the cash element can take longer.

hollymcr 10 posts

I was worried you’d say that, I’ve tried to get through several times by phone but always get the “call back later” message.

Froggee 896 posts

That message is there to be ignored. Unless they cut you off, you’re good. People on here have reported good success getting through at 7:59am and 7ish pm of late

hollymcr 10 posts

First call this morning was just before 8, as it happens. And yes I’m getting cut off.

Where I might be going wrong is telling the truth that my call doesn’t relate to a flight. I’ll try a few more honest ones then I guess I’ll have to start to lie!

(Doesn’t help that it’s on my wife’s account so I have to ring when she’s around.)

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Is the voucher still showing as used in your BAEC account?

Froggee 896 posts

Ah. Okay:

Go into your wife’s Executive Club Account and set yourself up as a nominee Ask your wife to set you up as a nominee on her account. (There is a password required also). Don’t forget this password as otherwise you might need to wake her when she is napping to get her to clear security before they will speak to you.

Yes lie. In my experience, once you get through they are delighted to help you.

hollymcr 10 posts

Is the voucher still showing as used in your BAEC account?

Yes it was

Ask your wife to set you up as a nominee on her account.

Did not know that was an option, thanks! As it happens she was here when I saw this in order to add me…

Yes lie. In my experience, once you get through they are delighted to help you.

Indeed they were. A few more failed attempts before we lied to the automated system to reach a human.

We did find an email that says we’d get the CV (and Avios) back in 1 month – not a lot of use when it expires in 6 weeks! – but it was eventually sorted while we were on the call.

Thanks everyone!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.