Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios How long does the Avios take to post?

• iEimis 81 posts

Hi everyone,

I got a Barclaycard Avios Plus on the 1st of July and spent approx 3600GBP before my first statement on the 14th of July. It’s been 11 days since the statement date and the base avios (nor the bonus) has posted to my BA account. Was wondering what other’s experiences have been like?

Thanks

Maples 185 posts

The Avios seems to be allocated to the BA account once a month at the start for me, though I’ve only had it for two months now. In the app, you might be able to see the “Pending Barclaycard Avios” there and mine is also there. The bonus points were given to me on the 15th of July but is pending because it’s moved once a month

There was a time last month where the tracking of the spend wasn’t updating for a week or two.

stevenhp1987 330 posts

Avios are transferred on a calendar month basis rather than by statement month.

You will have the Avios you earned for all of July on, officially, the second working day of August. Sometimes it’s the third working day!

iEimis 81 posts

Avios are transferred on a calendar month basis rather than by statement month.

You will have the Avios you earned for all of July on, officially, the second working day of August. Sometimes it’s the third working day!

Gotcha! Thank you. I am considering downgrading to the free card so just waiting for bonus as I don’t think I will hit £10k spending this year.

FlyingDr 7 posts

I took out card in June and no avios yet despite £3k plus spend in 3 weeks
    Over 3 hrs on phone to BC nothing
    Cannot even see Avios on bc app or online
    Agent no 3 was able to see the 55k avios but no idea when I will get or why I cannot see them
    BA exec club number correct etc
    Anyone else having this problem

BJ 657 posts

Yes, 2nd working day of month after statement. Works like a Swiss watch for my dad. By contrast a total failure for my partner. Settled with them for refund of £60 of fees plus £140 goodwill plus tbe HfP 5000 uplift for under £200 spend. He closed the account and will apply again next year.

Carlos 758 posts

it says 2nd calendar month (today) but still waiting for avios inc bonus to post…

on the other hand like @iEimis I agree, not sure if the 10k target is worth it for a cabin upgrade as i rarely use BA and when I do its short haul, in which I can handle cattle class and the cash price of ticket is prob not that high anyway, however it may be worth keeping for the 1.5 avios per £1 spend (for heavy shopping) before downgrading (which they do not show an option for in my app!!)

frustrating, is it possible to do via post or do i have to stay on the phone?

FlyingDr 7 posts

Would also be interested to know easiest way to downgrade

Carlos 758 posts

Would also be interested to know easiest way to downgrade

before anyone suggests using the app. it says no offers available

BJ 657 posts

I think the easiest way to downgrade is using the switch to another card option in the app. That is what I did for dad and it was simple and painless but it’s Barclays so YMMV.

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

+1 – it took a good few weeks but I didn’t have to chase it up and they automatically refunded the £20 fee charged while they were processing the change.

StanTheMan 217 posts

My July points (inc the 50,000 bonus) have hit my BA account this morning. 55,000 avios for 20 quid fee. oooooooof.

aq.1988 456 posts

I’m in a similar situation to OP, although I haven’t hit the £3k yet.

Applied end of June, received the card 1st July. Had my first statement on 11th July.

Now up to £2.4k spend, on the app shows I’ve got 3700 odd avios pending and it says that they will send the avios to my BAEC on the 2nd working day of the next month. So that should be today but they’re still there, hopefully they should post by tomorrow without me having to chase up.

Scot2BFree 6 posts

For those that received there 50000 Avios Bonus, did this show in the app. I received an email early July confirming i had triggered 25k bonus (not 50K) and today 25k was sent to my BAEC today. I spoke to online chat who said that i def applied during the 50k offer and to wait until end of today. Do the additional 25k post seperatley or were they transferred as one 50k? i saw a few others report this 25k email before, hoping its not another gremlin as its been smooth so far..

Thrillington 40 posts

Just had my first lot of spend Avios arrive in EC account.

Which is a relief, as other than the card name there is no other reference to Avios in my Barclays app – no earning tracker, no bonus tracker.

Carlos 758 posts

Chill, all in one go

All in one go

JDB 4,369 posts

Just had my first lot of spend Avios arrive in EC account.

Which is a relief, as other than the card name there is no other reference to Avios in my Barclays app – no earning tracker, no bonus tracker.

Have you clicked a bit further in the app? Next to the card name, there is an arrow which takes you to another page that shows your transactions and on that page there’s a further link ‘view your Avios’ where they show the ‘wheels’ with spend towards SUB and voucher.

RiverRat 3 posts

For those that received there 50000 Avios Bonus, did this show in the app. I received an email early July confirming i had triggered 25k bonus (not 50K) and today 25k was sent to my BAEC today. I spoke to online chat who said that i def applied during the 50k offer and to wait until end of today. Do the additional 25k post seperatley or were they transferred as one 50k? i saw a few others report this 25k email before, hoping its not another gremlin as its been smooth so far..

I have the same problem – applied late June and hit the spending target within the same month. 25k arrived in July but the bonus didn’t. Talking to agent didn’t help and blindly pointed me to BA so waited for another month. Comes today and another batch of points came, without the bonus again.

aq.1988 456 posts

I’m in a similar situation to OP, although I haven’t hit the £3k yet.

Applied end of June, received the card 1st July. Had my first statement on 11th July.

Now up to £2.4k spend, on the app shows I’ve got 3700 odd avios pending and it says that they will send the avios to my BAEC on the 2nd working day of the next month. So that should be today but they’re still there, hopefully they should post by tomorrow without me having to chase up.

My pending avios for July have posted. Should hit the £3k spend in August, so hopefully my bonus will post on 2nd September. Hopefully its the 50k in one lump sum

Edit: For those that got the 50k as a lump sum, did your spend tracker show your bonus as 25k or 50k, same question to those that only got 25k? My app is showing as 25k, but I did get a text from BC telling me my bonus will be 50k and to ignore any reference to 25k. But I’m just wondering if the people that had the 25k issues, is that why.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    bartas8891 37 posts

I only got 25k instead of 50k.

Barney1954 6 posts

I also received 25,000, I am still on chat. They say the other 25,000 will be posted 2nd working day of next month, also tried to downgrade card and was told that was not an option!

Scottpat78 245 posts

+1 for full bonus. I received the full 50k plus the rest of the Avios from my spending today in my BAEC account.

Carlos 758 posts

No sms about 25k or 50k but was posted today too, app said 25k but in the breakdown it is 50k

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    joe22_11 3 posts

Just the 25,000 (+ other for usual spend) for me today 🙁

Hopefully the extra 25,000 bonus shows up overnight!

bartas8891 37 posts

I also received 25,000, I am still on chat. They say the other 25,000 will be posted 2nd working day of next month, also tried to downgrade card and was told that was not an option!

YOu can downgrade in Barclays App, I wondered if this will affect the 25k bonus which we still waiting for?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.