Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards How long will IHG status last?

• NorthernLass 7,569 posts

My account says I am Diamond until 31/12/22 but I’m sure someone mentioned previously that it’s actually being extended until the end of February? I let my Ambassador membership lapse so it looks as though that route is now closed to me 😥. Not had much chance to use the Diamond benefits really!

ChrisC 956 posts

I honestly don’t know how they are doing this funny extension but be aware there isn’t a soft landing with IHG

If you want plat / diamond for the whole of next year look at the 15 night challenge offer. They’ve been sone posts about it on the IHG forum.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Thanks – someone posted that this is likely to attract the attention of IHG’s fraud team so it’s best not attempted!

meta 1,439 posts

You can purchase Ambassador membership again before the end of the year and it will extend the Diamond. I’ve done it with my partner last week who hasn’t been Ambassador since 2020.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

You can purchase Ambassador membership again before the end of the year and it will extend the Diamond. I’ve done it with my partner last week who hasn’t been Ambassador since 2020.

That’s very interesting, @meta, thanks! I know some people have said it definitely doesn’t work but I may sign up again before the end of the year – if nothing else I can always get good use out of the BOGOF certificate. Thread on FT has several examples.

SGJNI 69 posts

Don’t see any “fraud”? The computer does what it does, and it seems to work without question, for now. I did it but will actually re-qualify by stays in any case.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Just what someone on here said! It’s not worth losing my points and current status for anyway. I don’t think they meant actual criminal fraud, just breaking IHG’s own rules, the consequences of which there are a couple of unpleasant examples floating round the blogosphere.

*Referring to trying to go for the status match when you’re already a member, not the Diamond re-qualification thingy.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.