Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors How to add FHR booking into Hilton Honors

• DonLee 214 posts

I booked 2 nights at Conrad Koh Samui with FHR + 2 extra nights with points. Is there any way I could add FHR booking into the HH system? Thanks

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Couldn’t you add it during booking? There is a box for loyalty number isn’t there?

If not, email the hotel and ask them to add it so any upgrades etc are looked at in advance of arrival.

DonLee 214 posts

Couldn’t you add it during booking? There is a box for loyalty number isn’t there?

If not, email the hotel and ask them to add it so any upgrades etc are looked at in advance of arrival.

Thanks rob, maybe missed that I will check again as I need to book another night. More question, will I get two FHR benefits if I book a stay like this: FHR night + points stay + FHR?

TGLoyalty 533 posts

It does ask but in my experience it doesn’t actually get passed on to your booking

You can call Amex call centre and they will get it added or as Rob says contact the hotel.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

It does ask but in my experience it doesn’t actually get passed on to your booking

You can call Amex call centre and they will get it added or as Rob says contact the hotel.

Best to call the hotel and sort it out well before arrival. I’ve had long and drawn out palaver trying to get Hilton to retroactively credit me when the number didn’t carry across to the booking.

DonLee 214 posts

Contacted hotel and booking now appeared in my Hilton account.
    However, I just noticed that Expedia was mentioned on top of booking. Also under rate details it says Amex fhr plt retail Sold via expedia. Dose that mean I wouldn’t get member benefits and night as it’s third party booking?

memesweeper 1,255 posts

Contacted hotel and booking now appeared in my Hilton account.
    However, I just noticed that Expedia was mentioned on top of booking. Also under rate details it says Amex fhr plt retail Sold via expedia. Dose that mean I wouldn’t get member benefits and night as it’s third party booking?

That’s an alarming development if that’s what plays out. Why would Hilton and Amex partner through membership rewards and Hilton Honors – including gold status with some cards – and then allow Amex travel to undermine the Hilton loyalty scheme? Were I an exec at Hilton I’d be pretty miffed about this.

JDB 4,378 posts

Amex also partners with Expedia whose business travel division, Egencia, was bought by Amex Global Business Travel (GBT) last autumn and following that transaction Expedia Group became a shareholder of GBT. Per the press release at the time – “Expedia has also entered into a long-term agreement to provide accommodations supply to GBT.”

TGLoyalty 533 posts

Did you pre pay (sketchy) or are you paying at hotel (should be fine)

memesweeper 1,255 posts

@DonLee please report back what happens — seems a few of us are interested!

DonLee 214 posts

Did you pre pay (sketchy) or are you paying at hotel (should be fine)

re TGLoyalty: I chose to pay at hotel, I thought prepay will be treated as third party booking.

DonLee 214 posts

@DonLee please report back what happens — seems a few of us are interested!

Booking is for July but will email hotel to clarify the situation. Rate is cheaper to book directly and considering value of the points/night earned, $100 FHR spending may not be enough to offset.

DonLee any update on this now July is at an end? I no longer appear to have the ‘pay at hotel’ option when using FHR. Am I missing the option hidden somewhere during the booking process?

slidey 286 posts

Do amex hotel collection bookings also get Hilton night credits/status benefits or is it just FHR?

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

I got Hilton (eventually) to add an Emyr booking to my HH account last week. So much more faff than IHG where you can do it in your account. I’ve read a few reviews of Hilton hotels recently where people have said they got their HH benefits in addition to FHR perks though.
    I had to pay a one night deposit which I’ve never had to do via Emyr before, no idea how easy it is to get this back.
    I tried to contact the hotel (Crockfords in Las Vegas) to add my HH number but they only way to contact them seems to be via the online form on the website of the Malaysian (?) company which owns Resorts World LV and they still hadn’t responded a week later (and still haven’t!) so went via HH chat then CS email. Definitely the most aggro I’ve ever had with this kind of booking!

I got Hilton (eventually) to add an Emyr booking to my HH account last week. So much more faff than IHG where you can do it in your account. I’ve read a few reviews of Hilton hotels recently where people have said they got their HH benefits in addition to FHR perks though.
    I had to pay a one night deposit which I’ve never had to do via Emyr before, no idea how easy it is to get this back.
    I tried to contact the hotel (Crockfords in Las Vegas) to add my HH number but they only way to contact them seems to be via the online form on the website of the Malaysian (?) company which owns Resorts World LV and they still hadn’t responded a week later (and still haven’t!) so went via HH chat then CS email. Definitely the most aggro I’ve ever had with this kind of booking!

Can you save me your hassle and post the Crockfords email address here please

Anna 458 posts

I haven’t got one, had to go via Hilton CS!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Do amex hotel collection bookings also get Hilton night credits/status benefits or is it just FHR?

I believe it’s ok – unless they insist you prepay, in which case you’re likely to have issues.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.