Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club How to get BA to display prices in GBP for inbound flight

• Wally1976 188 posts

Hi all, does anyone know how to get BA.com to show prices in pounds for one-way flights into the UK – both with Avios and cash? TIA

buchanan101 99 posts

I think it’s always in the local currency.

Why do you need £s? Pay with Virgin card or Curve for reduced/zero fees. Convert price at xe.com

Wally1976 188 posts

Yes but I’d rather pay with Amex if possible!

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

On avios bookings where I’ve booked the return separately I’ve always been charged in GBP for the surcharges.

Wally1976 188 posts

On avios bookings where I’ve booked the return separately I’ve always been charged in GBP for the surcharges.

Yes you’re quite right, it’s just cash bookings that are affected by this.

buchanan101 99 posts

Oh yes, this is true. Cash only prices are in the foreign currency

George K 289 posts

I seem to recall – and I could be completely wrong about this – that this is something that you have to have to call for. The agent will be able to quote you the price in pounds.

John 1,000 posts

…and pay the call centre booking fee, although thinking about it, one could argue that the fee should be waived because it can’t be done online.

The fares are filed in the local currency (usually – for some countries euros or USD is chosen) which is why they won’t show in GBP.

You can of course pay in GBP (also at the IATA exchange rate) by using Amex Travel or another agent, with the risks this entails

Wally1976 188 posts

Thanks for the replies folks. I decided to go with the low effort option of booking online with Halifax Clarity (couldn’t get Virgin card to work for some reason!).

Not Long Now... 94 posts

I booked a JNB LHR, which priced in ZAR, and paid using an eVoucher in GBP from a cancellation, the whole voucher was converted to ZAR, and now I have another ‘remainder’ eVoucher with a ZAR total…

John 1,000 posts

I booked a JNB LHR, which priced in ZAR, and paid using an eVoucher in GBP from a cancellation, the whole voucher was converted to ZAR, and now I have another ‘remainder’ eVoucher with a ZAR total…

If the ZAR keeps rising against the pound your voucher will become more valuable. (Or you can convert it back to a GBP evoucher now by buying a flight in GBP as little over the value as you can find – you’ll need to do this anyway if you want to use more than one voucher for a future booking, where the vouchers are in different currencies).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.