Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios How to redeem free Apple TV+, News+, Music etc from Barclaycard

• Kal 7 posts

Hi, has anyone been able to redeem the apple rewards as part of the sign up offer.. ie up to five months of Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+ and Apple Arcade for free. Not received any email and can’t see anything on my account on-line or on the Iphone app. Many thanks in advance.

Ash 621 posts

Two weeks spent to find that out from BC support. One more week of twiddling thumbs to go I guess.

Anyone get there’s straight away?

Tom2 113 posts

Good luck getting it to work when you get the link…

jayjay 74 posts

What are these offers?

DTR 105 posts

Works fine now including Apple News.

If you’ve never had a subscription to the service before, you’ll get five months free.

•If you’ve previously had a free trial but no longer subscribe to the service, you’ll get the following:

◦Apple Music – two months.

◦Apple News+ or Apple Arcade – four months.

◦Apple TV+ – five months.

•You won’t get any free months if you already subscribe to that service.

DTR 105 posts

PS 8 days from approval to email for me

duggie1982 261 posts

Thanks for the update, came on this thread to double check as its been around 3 weeks for me but still nothing, will wait another week or two before complaining

colinc57 40 posts
    duggie1982 261 posts

Use

https://forms-mtg.barclays.co.uk/forms/appleoffer/gettingstarted?execution=e1s1

Brilliant! Clicked the back button to resubmit my details and allowed me to set up all the free trials

Ash 621 posts

Ah alas the form doesn’t work if you have a double barrelled surname….breaks down if you use a space or hyphen. Really makes me appreciate Amex customer service.

Ducktails 17 posts

The form didn’t work for me. Something about missing files not being uploaded. I read on another thread that you instantly get the Apple offers via the app; which worked from me. From the Barclays app, click on your Barclaycard and then click products on the blue bar at the bottom. Sounds weird but click Barclaycard again and the Apple offer should be there for you to redeem.

Ant68 56 posts

Thanks Ducktails, that worked for me.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts

You should have been sent an email with a link to click.

I’ve seen the URL posted on here, hopefully someone still has it.

duggie1982 261 posts

Use this link, i think once you click the link you might need to go back a step before it lets you put your details in

Ingking 38 posts

When I try to redeem the apple rewards -whether via app or email link- it just doesn’t work. It tells me to login with apple id. Then I just get a little loading sign for ages. I have tried different devices and browsers to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Kal 7 posts

Use this link, i think once you click the link you might need to go back a step before it lets you put your details in

Thank you. Not sure why I didn’t receive an email, but using URL and going back worked fine. Do you know if there is an expiry date by when you need to redeem the offer?

Ash 621 posts

Thanks ducktails, worked for me too.

SussexBantam 12 posts

Thanks – this link worked for me too

Harry T 96 posts

I am unable to activate the Apple Music aspect of the free subscription as I constantly receive an error message that says “this offfer cannot be redeemed with your curent subscription”. I have therefore cancelled my current Apple Music subcriotion just now, but continue to get the same error. Is it a matter of waiting for the system to realise y previous subscription has been cancelled, or should I contact useless Barclaycard or Apple?

flyforfun 4 posts

Which of the apple products do people recommend? Not sure I need apple music as I have Spotify and it has a pretty good selection of music, especially classical.

Is the news service just a conglomeration of other news services?

flyforfun 4 posts

Use

Thanks for posting that link. I finally went into the email I got sent and clicked on the links and they all said the links were no longer valid! The T&CC clearly state :

2. Offer period. This offer is open between 20 August 2021 and 19 July 2022.

so plenty of time. Duggie’s link worked.

I can only use the TV and music packages as I don’t own any Apple products. I do have an phone for work, but I created a one off account to connect to that that I don’t recall the details to. I guess I would need to log out of that and log in with the new personal ID I created to get the news and gaming apps?

If I cancel before start of the last month, will that end the free offer? I’ve set a diary reminder to do say a week before, but If I can do it earlier I would.

colinc57 40 posts

Only bothered about the News product. Shared ( as you can) with wife. Cancelled before chargeable.

Wife used above link ( she got card same time), and signed up ( offer expirey extended ) and shared.

colinc57 40 posts

Only bothered about the News product. Shared ( as you can) with wife. Cancelled before chargeable.

Wife used above link ( she got card same time), and signed up ( offer expirey extended ) and shared.

craig816 2 posts

thank you!

ColinThames 18 posts

I also had trouble using the form that others had posted the link to, as it wouldn’t recognise me. But today I discovered there is an easier way of subscribing to the Apple services that come for free under the Barclaycard Avios offer. This works whether you have the Barclays app or the Barclaycard app on your phone.

In your Barclays or Barclaycard phone app, scroll down in your main accounts page. You will see a “Products” area. Tap on “View All Products”. On the next screen tap “Barclaycard”. At the top of the list of benefits you should see “Five Apple subscriptions free for up to five months”. Tap on that and you should find a list of buttons including Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Fitness, Apple News, and Apple Arcade. When I tapped on Apple TV+ it then opened a browser offering “Enjoy 5 months free Apple TV+”. Then click the “Try it Free” button. If you are doing this on an iPhone, it will take you to to ApplePay subscription page to sign up for the subscription for when your free period ends. Confirm you want to go ahead and it’s done! Oddly, it gave me six months, though it may be because I’d just got a new iPhone.

If you’re worried about going into the paid for period by accident you can immediately go to the Your Apple ID section in Settings, then tap subscriptions. You can cancel your Apple TV+ or Music etc subscriptions now and it will run to the end of the free period, so no having to remember to cancel just before. And of course, once it expires, you might find another free trial offer to use!

I’m not sure what happens if you try this on an Android phone, though only the Apple TV+ will probably appeal, whilst the other offers require an iPhone or iPad, I think. Perhaps you get a code or something to input on your Apple TV+ apple?

If you have previously subscribed, or had a trial offer, make sure your subscription has finished before you try to start a new trial. It’s good that Barclaycard allows you to take out the trial at any point.

This method is certainly easier than filling in a form. Hope this helps!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.