Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards Huge devaluation in point value ?

• MKB 71 posts

I am hearing that Radisson points that I bought for 0.278 pence per point are now worth only a guaranteed 0.172 p/pt as they have switched to an Accor style discount system overnight without advance notification.

Time to switch to US points and cash out quickly I think.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,229 posts

Yes, looks bad. We are doing something for tomorrow.

Thegasman 204 posts

Wow, so from the “best value” MR redemption to almost the worst in the blink of an eye! Glad their footprint is pretty useless for me.

Also, a 1.7% return for base members earning points… how’s that going to drive direct bookings?!

MKB 71 posts

It does seem like an utterly bizarre thing to do, i.e. to give no notice period. I wouldn’t touch any non-US Radisson with a barge pole after this. They must have sold points to tens of thousands of people, who were all invested in their programme, who will I suspect feel likewise.

MKB 71 posts

I have successfully transferred all but an orphaned 4,000-odd points to the Americas programme, redeemed the whole transfer amount for some nights in the Caribbean, and realised 0.43 p/pt of value and they even had a premium room at the same number of points as a standard, so all good for me.

But that’s me done with setting foot inside the non-US brand again, unless there’s no other choice.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.