Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Iberia – what are the reward flight cancellation rules with partner airline?

• WorldFlyer 41 posts

Hi,
    Does anyone know the cancellation rules and times for cancelling a reward flight booked on Iberia, but with American Airlines?

Can this be done online, if so, how?

Thank you

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,439 posts

American Airlines flights booked via Iberia are non-refundable. All partner redemptions except BA are non-refundable.

WorldFlyer 41 posts

Does anyway have a contact email address for Iberia customer services?

I have no luck under their UK phone number (tried numerous times but get cut off after sone time waiting) and they don’t respond on Facebook either.

I need a letter from them for my travel insurance to confirm I do not get any refund of my flight I was unable to take.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

They are a nightmare. I am having to pursue them via legal means for a refund on an Avios ticket which I simply could not cancel before departure, due to their inability to actually pick up the phone / email etc.

SamG 1,644 posts

Agree with Rob ! But I did eventually manage to get through on

+34917742607 and get my refund – dial via Skype etc

Jacob 223 posts

Does anyway have a contact email address for Iberia customer services?

That reminded me how awful Iberia is with the email. Their mailbox regularly runs out of space and when it doesn’t, by the time they actually get to look at your email it’s somehow deleted. So they message you if you can ask the question again as they don’t see it anymore. And guess what happens the next time – yep, exactly the same thing.
    That was a couple of months ago, but wish you the best of luck. Might be worth trying the complaints route if you can’t get a response…

WorldFlyer 41 posts

Thank you all for the feedback,
    On the mentioned number above I have been unsuccessful!
    Can anyone share with me an email address of Iberia? On their complaints form I need not only booking reference, but also a ticket number. I have however never received a ticket number from them, only 1 email with booking reference. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.