Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Accor Live Limitless Ibis card for Gold for benefits using up balance

• AlanC 27 posts

Hi folks.
    95% of my stays are hilton as I’m lifetime diamond.
    I have a balance of 25500 accor points which I will use mostly towards some fairmont and higher end accor hotels. Would I benefit from signing up for the ibis card for gold to make better use of the redemptions?
    Thanks
    AlanC

MrHandBaggageOnly 12 posts

As some who use Accor properties quite often, I would have to say I can’t really see the point in you getting the Ibis card. Yes, you should be upgraded to the next level (but it’s subject to availability) and you’d get a welcome drink and turndown service, but you’re probably just better off putting the points towards a higher category room with breakfast in the first place.

Lady London 2,045 posts

If you can manage to round it up to 26000 points, as they can only be used in lumps of 2000, each worth 40 euros per 2000, they’re only worth £430. Not going to get you many Fairmont nights.

Either put towards cash price of 1 decent room or eke out somewhere cheap getting free welcome drink each time. Even then the points won’t last that many nights. Defo not worth paying even the £65 or so you might find for the card if you scratched round hard enough.

If you do plan to stay more times in Accor top end brands though it could be worth looking at the higher of the 2 Accor cards as that goes cross-brand. You’d be paying approaching £200 for it though. Plus if you want to stay in that level of hotels you will always be considerably better off talking to Emyr via HfP.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

To be honest, I’d look at using them for some of the new Accor Experiences redemptions. Not sure will pop up for the UK and can be London-centric but, for example, they had an excellent value Chelsea Flower Show VIP package last year as well as lots of Taste of London stuff.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.