Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards InterContinental Ambassador – book before you buy?

• Woody 25 posts

Do I need to have purchased IC Ambassador before making any hotel bookings to benefit from the advantages of having the membership?

I’m staying at IC O2 next April had hoping to book today, but not planning on buying the Ambassador membership until nearer the stay.

Would I still get the benefits?

Lx

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

You don’t need to worry – it’s your status at the time of the stay that is important.

Paul B 224 posts

There may be an incentive to purchase now FYI, such as the current enrolment offer of 20k points for 2 IC, Kimpton or Regent nights before 31st Jan, and an unofficial benefit is if you happen to be IHG Diamond, and due to lose it at the end of the year, purchasing Ambassador now will extend is through to the end of ‘23.

strickers 657 posts

If there’s no incentive running I’ve heard of people getting decent upgrades buying it at check in. Doesn’t matter when you buy it, you’ll get the benefits.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.