Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Ambassador status

• Charles Martel 124 posts

Does attaining Diamond Elite status as an IHG Ambassador (Platinum Elite) member require 30 nights (or 60k points), or the full 70 nights (120k points)?

TGLoyalty 494 posts

The full 70 nights or 120k points

Charles Martel 124 posts

The full 70 nights or 120k points

Thanks, I have zero hope of ever reaching that when my current Spire status expires 🙂

dst87 263 posts

Thanks, I have zero hope of ever reaching that when my current Spire status expires 🙂

I feel the same way. With the increased target and the recent promotion that offered bonus points that counted towards elite status, I wondered if they might do more of that so folks ability to hit the target wouldn’t be too different.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Where does diamond fall? Doesn’t joining Ambassador renew whatever status you have though?

ChrisC 956 posts

Don’t forget that many IHG hotels offer rates that basically allow you to buy qualifying points (£5 per 1000 per night comes to my currently Covid riddled brain).

So it would be worth doing the calculations on if the costs of doing that is worth the benefits you’d eventually receive.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Recovering but still slightly Covid-riddled here – is that on points plus cash stays? I’m assuming the 100% bonus for buying points-type offers don’t count?

ChrisC 956 posts

No these are 100% cash rates where they allow you to buy qualifying points as part of the room rate.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Thanks – I will start looking for that!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.