Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Diamond free breakfast success, kinda.. probably :)

• slidey 287 posts

At checkin at the IC Bora Bora (thanks Creation, hope Mr X is raging ;]) I asked about diamond breakfast and was told it was available as diamond benefit but only for the first night with other nights charged.

davefl 1,217 posts

They’re wrong – Each night of stay –

Welcome Amenity: The choice of Welcome Amenity for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite Members varies by brand and region. In Greater China, Silver Elite and Gold Elite Members are also offered a choice of Welcome Amenity.
    The choice of amenity is only offered on Qualified Stays and is non-transferrable
    Diamond Elite Members’ Welcome Amenity choice also includes Free Breakfast at full-service brands (Six Senses, REGENT, InterContinental, Hualuxe, Hotel Indigo, voco, Crowne Plaza, Even, Holiday Inn, and select Kimpton properties)
    Available for Member and one guest registered to the same room for each night of stay

But! the One Rewards don’t start until June – https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/customer-care/member-tc/2nd-page so you’re out of luck this month.

slidey 287 posts

Yeah.. i think its a bit borderline this month so i figured 1 free breakfast is a win 🙂

dst87 263 posts

Data point for May breakfast launch – asked about this checking into the Intercontinental Toronto Centre yesterday and was told that it launches in June. Not sure where this notion of a May launch came from. Some people have had success, so its unclear what’s going on.

Got a Kimpton stay next week so we’ll see what they say!

Reney 755 posts

Data point for May breakfast launch – asked about this checking into the Intercontinental Toronto Centre yesterday and was told that it launches in June. Not sure where this notion of a May launch came from. Some people have had success, so its unclear what’s going on.

Got a Kimpton stay next week so we’ll see what they say!

I think they are launching the revamp but the benefits come in June. Agree that it is an odd way of doing it, but it means they socialized it plenty ahead of the summer holiday bookings.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    davefl 1,217 posts

It’s really clear on the link I posted above that it’s early June.

“*Member Benefits shown here take effect early June 2022”

Crafty 150 posts

Crowne Plaza in Leeds has been giving free breakfast to Diamond members since the day it was announced. That’s on top of lounge access. It was positioned as a choice of one or the other, and when I have chosen breakfast, they have said “I’ll put lounge access on for you as well”.

Aston100 1,382 posts

Do we yet have a date for commencement of complimentary breakfast?
    Someone at an Indigo speculated 6th June.

Pangolin 106 posts

Do we yet have a date for commencement of complimentary breakfast?
    Someone at an Indigo speculated 6th June.

6th June as the official date is also what I heard (e.g. FlyerTalk forums).

Call it D-Day (“Diamond Day”) 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.