Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG lost the plot?! (Feel free to change the title!)

• NorthernLass 7,573 posts

I don’t know if this is replicated in other cities but I was looking for a weekend in the North East this spring and found that IHG’s prices are rather ridiculous. I thought there might be events on but on checking on hotels.com I am seeing the same hotels at much lower prices. For example, the Indigo Durham has a minimum 2 night stay at weekends and prices are around £150 on the first date I checked. On hotels.com I could book the Saturday night only for £119, or £129 with breakfast. 3rd party websites probably have some protected inventory they get from the hotels but IHG seem to be hurtling towards self destruction with these policies!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Exactly, it’s clearly given them an allocation.

Aston100 1,388 posts

And I bet the IHG best price guarantee continues to be unfit for purpose.

Harrier25 852 posts

Creation did us a favour closing down our cards which forced us to stop earning IHG points! 😂

davefl 1,223 posts

Marriot likewise but in a different way. Wandering around anytown middle america the 2nd tier Marriot brands are $30-40 per night more expensive than the local Hampton which is $10-20 more than the local IHG.

They’re completely out of my price sensitive range for this trip. Why would I pay so much more for typically 12-14 hours in a Fairfield/Courtyard than a Hampton.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Speaking of Courtyard/Fairfield, I’ve got a 15 night stay on points in the Florida Keys with 10 nights of that in 2 rooms in a Courtyard. Prices seem to be consistently $300 – $600 per night and even higher over Xmas. I know it’s a popular destination but they seem crazy prices for that level of accommodation!

Super Secret Stuff 364 posts

IHG have always lost the plot! I’d book it, try BPG and score the points. If they reject it cancel and book on the cheaper site

davefl 1,223 posts

Speaking of Courtyard/Fairfield, I’ve got a 15 night stay on points in the Florida Keys with 10 nights of that in 2 rooms in a Courtyard. Prices seem to be consistently $300 – $600 per night and even higher over Xmas. I know it’s a popular destination but they seem crazy prices for that level of accommodation!

$450 minimum for a Hampton in Sedona in March. Everything else in the Hilton Portfolio is sold out. Marriots start at $480, $500 for the Courtyard.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.