Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice India tourist visa for UK passport – website not working?

• YH 20 posts

Hey all – planning a short trip to India. I noticed that the eVisa process has been suspended for UK passport holders. I went to sign up for the regular visa but the website has been returning “The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time” for a couple days.

Has anyone been successful in applying for this recently or have any pointers? Thanks.

Sam 96 posts

What’s the url you’re trying to access?

YH 20 posts

On the visa page: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html and then when clicking the “Regular/Paper Visa Application” icon in the bottom left it shows the error I mentioned in my original post.

YH 20 posts

I’ve also tried for the eVisa registration as I hold another passport which is eligible for eVisa and I get the exact same error after the first page…

YH 20 posts

Nevermind – it seems because I have browser extensions blocking cookies and third party scripts it causes the page to error out. If I try on a different browser in private browsing the issue goes away. Thanks anyway 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.