Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Indigo Venice – sweet spot for redemptions?

• NorthernLass 7,569 posts

With IHG ridiculous dynamic pricing raging I was surprised to see that the Indigo in Venice is bookable in October and November (including half term) for between 25k and 32k points per night, which seems very reasonable! This works out at 0.5p per point on cash rates.
    Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It looks quite nice and within walking distance of the main sights while located in a quiet area.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Argh – I’ve put this in the wrong category – Rob or Rhys can you move it?! I’m sure I clicked on the IHG thread!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Hbommie 194 posts

It’s a quiet area but within walking distance of San Marco or a quick hop on the vaporetti. I find all of Venice walkable to be honest, that’s the attraction for me. It is near the footie ground so may be busy on match day, never stayed.

davefl 1,219 posts

I spent 3 nights there Sept 2020. paid 283 euro for the 3 nights. Lovely hotel, would have been even nicer in the summer. Great garden to sit in. Ended up in a ground floor room having to walk through the restaurant and out across the garden to access it (which I dont like but was the only negative)

The vaporetto stop is 2 mins walk away and it’s very convenient if you want to pop across to the Lido which I didnt get chance to do. 10-15 mins walk up to St Marks. Not very many restaurants around it and I only had breakfast at the hotel as it was my 1st time in Venice so I was exploring. It’s a residential area so very much local for locals, not tourists around those streets.

I also stayed at the new Marriot AC hotel at the side of the bus station which you would think would be an awful location and noisy but once you get past the front door is fantastic and totally quiet as all the rooms face the internal courtyard.

I’d stay in both again without hesitation.

Tracy 315 posts

I stayed here in September 2021 for 3 nights. Nice hotel away from the main sights. I stayed previously at the Hilton across the water from the main sights so can only compare the two. We hated waiting for the Hilton boat and being tied to a schedule and preferred being able to walk back to the hotel, albeit a good 20 min walk each way. We went during the film festival so was great to walk past the super yachts each day lol.
    Had lunch at the hotel on arrival and it was tasty, didn’t have breakfast as the spread was not to our taste. We ended up eating breakfast each day at a lovely little cafe near St Marks where I could get yoghurt, fresh fruit and granola. My OH had pizza from the same place. My breakfast was so nice I went back every morning we were there.
    Vaporetto stop was very close and easy to navigate. We went across to the lido one day, waste of time in my opinion on a short tourist trip…..

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Many thanks! We are keen walkers so it sounds ideally located. @Tracy I’ve booked breakfast for the first morning so we can get our bearings but I’ll look out for the cafe near St Marks for the other 2 mornings.

jj 520 posts

San Marco has many of overpriced, mediocre eateries, but some are excellent. Try Osteria San Marco or Ai Mercanti – but you will need to book many days ahead.

jj 520 posts

Sorry – should have been clear that those recommendations are for lunch or evening meals.

barnaby100 10 posts

It’s a lovely hotel
    Staff speak great English and only IHG I hav ever had a decent upgrade at

Lovely local bars, park

squawk7700 83 posts

Another vote from me – it’s actually nice to be away from the hustle of central Venice, and the walk along the waterfront towards St Marks is stunning. In my opinion, it’s the Venetian backstreets and quieter canals that are the main charm, especially off season in the fog as we had it.

My room description said Nespresso maker – instead I had a room with kettle and Nescafe sticks which I can’t stand. Asked at reception about the Nespresso maker and one was delivered by the time I got back later that evening.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Sounds perfect! Actually we’d rather have a kettle than an unfamiliar machine – it always takes us about 40 minutes to produce a thimble of coffee!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.