Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Is Curve Metal upgrade instant?

• slidey 291 posts

If you go from free curve to curve metal, do you have to wait for the metal card to arrive to have the 10k per month fee-free fronted or does it get enabled immediately so can be used on existing curve card?

Sam 96 posts

It a different card number. You’ll be able to use it immediately/quickly as it will appear in the app

Dan loves Christmas 21 posts

Downgraded from metal to basic this afternoon and it was actioned in less than an hour as perhaps there is some manual process. Good chance that upgrade to metal would be handled instantly once you’ve made payment. Card number appears the same.

harley 109 posts

I upgraded last month, i used my old card details instantly and still got the fronted limit so instant for me

Gary 293 posts

Recently upgraded to Curve Metal and was sent a “commercial/business” metal card which attracts a fee
    from HMRC (not curve) which appears after entering the card number. Has anyone experienced this and managed to get Curve swap it to a personal Metal card?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Jonny 7 posts

Yes, Gary, I managed to swap to a personal card – through their online chat. It was all done quickly and painlessly.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.