Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Covid travel Italy’s Super Green Pass

Italy’s Super Green Pass

• Jan M

I am meant to be in Italy from April to June for work. I got my two first doses in Germany (where I was for work last spring) and picked up my booster here in Wales just two weeks ago. Unlike England, the Welsh aren’t adding foreign vaccinations to your NHS record. (Believe me, I’ve tried.) Just reading the news about Italy introducing a Super Green Pass from February, with vaccinations valid for only 180 days. Does anyone have any practical suggestions as to what to do? I’m legitimately freaked out by this.

meta

Get yourself an EU covid pass. Not sure about how it works in Germany, but it should be valid for 12 months from the last dose. You can even enter your booster from third countries if you have EU citizenship/permanent residence. It does require intervention from your local health authorities. It’s actually enshrined in EU digital covid certificate law that vaccination from third countries for nationals and residents should be entered within national systems.

• This reply was modified 52 years, 6 months ago by .
    Jan M

Hmm. Well, I can’t go back to Germany as I don’t live there. What I know about Italian bureaucracy, I am not particularly hopeful they will combine two German vaccinations and a British one into one pass. :-/

Lady London

@Jan M try TousAntiCovid app it apparently recognises UK QR codes now. Start with the most recent vaccination and work back (if needed).

180 days applying to incomers from other EU too – some EU countries are adding their addutional requirements and those will apply to other EU too

meta

I’ve done my booster without going back to my home country. Just emailed my local health authority’s special covid pass unit and within an hour I had it all set up. They recognised all three from the UK. It did take a while to get the right contact initially.

meta

If you have an EU passport, they are required to treat you equally by law, so they should be able to combine. There is a provision in covid pass law for that too!

Bill

The 189 day vaccination expiry is going to cause us an issue if it’s not reversed. We were boosted in December and have booked to go to Italy in June. About 210 days after booster.

YFP

These changing requirements have made me delay my booster until 2/3 weeks before it’s needed for a trip. That 180 day requirement is absolutely nonsense, can’t be getting a top up every 6 months!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.