Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Kerridge’s Fish & Chips at Harrods now on Travelzoo too!

• Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Following my post earlier this week about the steak meal deal at Harrods (https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/harrods-meal-deal-on-travelzoo/) which had turned up on the ‘less upmarket’ Travelzoo, Tom Kerridge has now popped up too.

Fish and chips plus prosecco in his Harrods chippie for £70 for 2:

https://www.travelzoo.com/uk/local-deals/London/Restaurant/390703

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

So basically the normal price just with free bottle of prosecco.

I showed this to Mrs Squirrel. Mrs Squirrel is from Yorkshire (for non-UK readers – people from Yorkshire have a reputation for being really tight careful with their money). After grasping that it was indeed £35 for a small portion of ordinary fish and chips, she now appears to be having some sort of seizure. Probably best not to mention that this won’t even include scraps….

Andrew. 480 posts

I showed this to Mrs Squirrel. Mrs Squirrel is from Yorkshire (for non-UK readers – people from Yorkshire have a reputation for being really tight careful with their money). After grasping that it was indeed £35 for a small portion of ordinary fish and chips, she now appears to be having some sort of seizure. Probably best not to mention that this won’t even include scraps….

I’ll stick with the staff canteen – £5.50

Fish that is so big it hangs out the box/off the plate.
    Hearty portion of chips
    Mushy or garden peas
    Tartare Sauce
    2 large onion rings
    Quarter lemon

And all so hot that you are having to juggle it between hands as you go back to your desk.

Lady London 2,030 posts

£70 ? Exactly.

Get yourself up to the Seashell in Lisson Grove, in a 10min taxi,which used to be my local (the odd bit of star-spotting if you eat in too), or over to Geale’s in Notting Hill. Sorry forgot the name of the excellent one in the City.

Though at Harrods’ monthly rental for shop-in-shops, plus their monster % take of the till, there’s probably not much left for the Tom Kerridge outlet in Harrods out of that £35 a head

Lady London 2,030 posts

I’ll stick with the staff canteen – £5.50

Fish that is so big it hangs out the box/off the plate.
    Hearty portion of chips
    Mushy or garden peas
    Tartare Sauce
    2 large onion rings
    Quarter lemon

And all so hot that you are having to juggle it between hands as you go back to your desk.

@Andrew. I mainly read HfP in hopes of reading about your lunches at work. Grrr.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

£70 for fish, chips and fizzy pop 😯! @The Savage Squirrel, this is something Lancastrians and Yorkshire folk have in common (though my OH was actually also born on the white rose side of the border). That London, eh?

*I’ve just actually looked at this for a laugh and it’s A 125 ml GLASS of Prosecco each, not even a bottle!

Michael C 666 posts

Geale’s in Notting Hill.

Geale’s is no more, LL…:o(

Have been meaning to try Seashell for a while, thanks for the tip!

memesweeper 1,244 posts

Bizarrely the very popular Poppies fish and chips in Shoreditch is also a very good chippy. A rare example of a tourist trap that’s not dropped standards to exploit its fame.

Lady London 2,030 posts

Geale’s in Notting Hill.

Geale’s is no more, LL…:o(

Have been meaning to try Seashell for a while, thanks for the tip!

Try the fish cakes. They’re not what you’d expect.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.