Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Kimpton social hour

• shilly 111 posts

Due to be staying in the Kimpton Clocktower in December but do they still do the social hour as I thought someone had commented a while back they had stopped it, I hope not but if anyone know for sure please let me know?

NorthernLass 7,544 posts

I think it was mentioned in the secret password thread.

gtellez 162 posts

I stayed there last night, they give you a drink voucher now (one pp)

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,075 posts

The De Witt in Amsterfam did that for a while pre pandemic. House keeping left a coaster in the room – one for each registered occupant – which you exchanged for their cocktail of the day during the ‘social hour’

I was pleased wjen I went back last Fenruary that that had reverted back to the wine service which of course meant the ability for a top up or three and some interacction with the staff.

kjt 14 posts

Stayed at Kimpton Monaco Chicago last month . Generous glasses of wine and beer for the hour with a reminder to top up before 6pm

shilly 111 posts

Thanks @kjt does anyone know if it’s stated anywhere that there is a social hour or is it just if the hotel decides to do it. Thought it was a benefit of all Kimpton hotels?

Peggerz 100 posts

Thanks @kjt does anyone know if it’s stated anywhere that there is a social hour or is it just if the hotel decides to do it. Thought it was a benefit of all Kimpton hotels?

Hi @shilly I stayed in the Kimpton Blythswood and they informed me at check in of the social hour time and location. Large glasses of wine and top up. When I’d stayed previously during Covid times they delivered a glass of wine to the room. So it seems to still be going on.

Paul B 224 posts

I assumed all Kimpton’s offered a social hour and it was very much a feature, Covid restrictions aside.

davefl 1,218 posts

No social hour at the Kinpton Barcelona.

But I turned up at 11am to drop my luggage off and they checked me in at that time. Had a call from guest assistance the day before to ask if they could do anything for me.

Unexpected turn down service this evening left cake, water and a choccy on the pillow. Irritated me a little as I’d just exploded my suitcase all over the bed at 11am and gone out for the day not expecting anyone to enter and stupidly not putting the DND sign on as I usually do.

Can’t fault them here for service, reception and concierge falling over themselves to be welcoming.

And I forgot to say the sodding password when I checked in as I didnt expect them to process it at 11am

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.