Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Lounge access with HSBC WE supplementary card?

• Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

I had always understood (and it’s in our review today) that supplementary cards on the HSBC World Elite Mastercard got the free lounge access. After all, they are charging you £60 for the card so you’d expect some benefits.

A reader dropped me an email today to say that he was recently charged after doing this in a lounge. It is possible that the lounge processed it incorrectly (ie only swiped one card and put down 2 people, which would trigger a £20 charge) but the reader says that both cards were swiped and the supp triggered the £20 fee.

Does anyone have any recent experience of using a HSBC WE supp in a lounge? Thanks.

sloth 315 posts

I had always understood (and it’s in our review today) that supplementary cards on the HSBC World Elite Mastercard got the free lounge access. After all, they are charging you £60 for the card so you’d expect some benefits.

A reader dropped me an email today to say that he was recently charged after doing this in a lounge. It is possible that the lounge processed it incorrectly (ie only swiped one card and put down 2 people, which would trigger a £20 charge) but the reader says that both cards were swiped and the supp triggered the £20 fee.

Does anyone have any recent experience of using a HSBC WE supp in a lounge? Thanks.

obviously more crap HSBC IT, as yes thats my understanding and is what their website says. Didn’t they query this directly with HSBC?

currently going through the pain of adding a supp to my WE, purely for the extra lounge access, but wondering if I want the additional pain of chasing them up…

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

You’re right, it IS on the website!

I will feed back to the reader. Thanks.

Jacob 223 posts

Been using both my primary and partner’s supp card around Europe very recently and never charged. All good!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.