Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Manchester T2 Lounges

• captaindave 113 posts

Hi

Any Lounges in T2 that are worth spending time in pre-flight ? We dont have any Passes etc so would just be a cold,hard, cash job. Flying with KLM if that makes any difference.

Otherwise anywhere recommended airside to get fed and watered in a relaxing environment ?

Ta

davefl 1,223 posts

Hi

Any Lounges in T2 that are worth spending time in pre-flight ? We dont have any Passes etc so would just be a cold,hard, cash job. Flying with KLM if that makes any difference.

Otherwise anywhere recommended airside to get fed and watered in a relaxing environment ?

Ta

No and no.

Depending on the time of day you’ll likely find long queues to even get a seat in any of the restaurants and it’s up to you but I wouldnt pay £45 to sit in the 1903 lounge.

captaindave 113 posts

Hmm dosnt sound good, but thanks for the honest feedback Dave, appreciated.

davefl 1,223 posts

Should have posted this but I was on my phone – HFP review of it, so make your own mind up 🙂

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/08/31/review-1903-lounge-manchester-terminal-2-extension/

Entitled 68 posts

I really like the 1903 lounge (assuming you aren’t travelling with kids because it is adult only) but I won’t pay £90 for a couple unless you really intend to hammer the alcohol or consider such an amount de minimis.

captaindave 113 posts

Yep we could make better use of £90 for sure ! I’m diabetic so having too many liveners is a thing of the past sadly..

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

I really like the 1903 lounge (assuming you aren’t travelling with kids because it is adult only) but I won’t pay £90 for a couple unless you really intend to hammer the alcohol or consider such an amount de minimis.

Except it’s not adults-only. They admit kids entering by virtue of ticket class/airline elite status.

Entitled 68 posts

Fair enough, I could have been clearer. You cannot purchase entry (as the OP was considering) or use a pass to gain entry for a minor. You can access with someone under 16 if they hold a ticket that permits them entry as a guest of the airline. This is always a trump card.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

Fair enough, I could have been clearer. You cannot purchase entry (as the OP was considering) or use a pass to gain entry for a minor. You can access with someone under 16 if they hold a ticket that permits them entry as a guest of the airline. This is always a trump card.

Sorry if I sounded like I was being ar5ey. I am just weary of past experiences in 1903 where kids were let run free. Yes the airline entry trumps all, but it’s still within the gift of the lounge management to segregate a certain area as “adults only” within the lounge.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.