Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Marriott Creation legacy credit card – January points posting reversed

• Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

So I hold one of these cards and managed to avoid Creation’s cardholder cull at the back-end of last year. This month the usual 2,000 annual bonus points, along with a further 12k or so from card activity, posted into my Bonvoy account on the 8th. Now both sets of points have disappeared with no audit trail showing on the Bonvoy account activity report. Hoping this is not a precursor to further Creation shennanigans… I have never used Bendy but am a regular Chez Che! Has anyone else had this ?

RussellH 154 posts

Not had this – as my January points have still not posted in the first place. It has been suggested to me by someone at Marriott that there may be a January bug…

Not due my 2,000 annual bonus for another couple of months.

Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

Data point update- my January points which had been reversed (including the 2,000 bonus anniversary points) were re-credited to my Bonvoy account on 03 February.

Hopefully a case of all’s well that ends well but yet another example of how these loyalty point accounts don’t have to be accountable (excuse the pun). The original entry and corresponding reversal do not show anywhere in the account history and these new points are simply dated 03 Feb with a narrative “8 January 2022”.

Now just have to hope the February points accrual goes more smoothly!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.