Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards MBNA Horizon – is a partner card available?

• The real Swiss Tony 652 posts

Title says it all really.

Can’t see anywhere to apply for one on the app but my wife will be overseas and doesn’t have a FX fee-free card.

Thanks

Tony

Bobri 14 posts

Maybe Curve is an option? Either as is, or potentially with manually setting the underlying (your) MBNA card to the currency of the destination country?

Also, what’s the destination? There’s a bit of a difference between getting fee-free EURGBP conversion and reducing FX costs while travelling to Uzbekistan

jek 116 posts

It is definitely possible as my wife has one. Have you looked at the web portal?

MattB 259 posts

Yes but you may need to use online banking through browser or ring up.

The real Swiss Tony 652 posts

Thanks all – indeed it is possible, but you have to use the website not the app.

Bit confused as to why it matters where she will be (it’s the US). Spend will probably only be £1k or so but £35 is still £35! (2.99% FX charge plus the 0.5% cashback)

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,194 posts

My wife has one too, so definitely possible.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.