Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Milestone reward (free lounge access) redeem timing

• Scottpat78 245 posts

I recall reading it somewhere, that when you sign up for the free lounge access milestone reward, you receive the access for the current year plus all of the next year.

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

I just hit this reward following a recent weekend stay, and today it is showing as an option. You have 90 days to redeem which in my calculations means I have until 2nd January 2023 to redeem it. I’m thinking I redeem it on 1st January 2023, but that seems too good to be true and I’d have 2 years of lounge access.

I don’t have any IHG stays planned where there is a lounge this year, but do have them planned next year. Does anyone have any experience or insight into this?

Andrew J 769 posts

Do the milestone rewards not reset each calendar year though, so if you don’t select it, you might lose it by 1 Jan?

Scottpat78 245 posts

Good question – I hope not. I’ve just gone into my IHG account and the reward page has now been updated on my account, so I think I have the answer……

It asks me to to pick 2 rewards for 40 nights by 05/01/2023 – so it would appear spanning calendar years is possible, but if anyone has any experience of this I would love to know. I guess since this was only launched this year, no-one does yet. The terms read as though this would work.

The lounge reward does state that it is valid for me & 1 guest and it also states:
    Once selected, Lounge Membership reward is valid for the rest of this calendar year, plus an additional 12 months thereafter.

I’ve taken screenshots and plan to select the lounge rewards on 2nd of Jan, which should get me almost 2 years of lounge access.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.