Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Missed the September voucher deadline?

• Mikeact 229 posts

I think I might have dropped myself in it, according to my well traveled son.
    I recently used one of my banked vouchers (One of the Sept expiry ones) for an Avios Autumn sunshine trip to Gran Canaria in late October.My wife feels at present to push it out again and see where we are come the Summer. That’s fine with me, but my son tells me that the Sept expiry will no longer apply under the current rules, and either take the trip or do the usual cancelation…come October I will have missed the deadline for Sept voucher?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Lula 203 posts

You might want to explain that a bit more clearly.

SteveJ 977 posts

I think you mean cancelling to gain a FTV with a Sept 23 expiry?

If so you have whilst BAs book with confidence is running to do that, which it is now but I’d gamble they’ll be pulling that soon with travel opening up.

Mikeact 229 posts

I think you mean cancelling to gain a FTV with a Sept 23 expiry?

If so you have whilst BAs book with confidence is running to do that, which it is now but I’d gamble they’ll be pulling that soon with travel opening up.

Thanks Steve, yes.. looking for another Sept 23.
    Agreed, I could have written it a bit clearer before G&T kicked in !

ChrisC 956 posts

So you have a trip booked to take place in October 2022 which you now want to cancel for an FTV?

Not possible as under current BWC policy FTVs can only be given for trips due to take place up until the end of August 2022

For trips after 1st September 2022 the normal (i.e. pre covid) rules will apply and you won’t be able to get an FTV

As this is an avios booking you can cancel for the £35 fee and have avios and cash returned

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    SteveJ 977 posts

@ChrisC makes a great point! BWConfidence definitely only valid for travel due to be completed pre Aug 22.

Mikeact 229 posts

Thanks all…yes,as my booking is after the August deadline it may have to be a payable cancellation if we decide to change (and have to eat humble pie with my son…)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.