Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club New Club Suite rollout – South America

• YC 229 posts

Any rough idea on when other south american routes might receive the new club suites? I think EZE/GRU is the only route so far. Ideally want to route LHR-GIG-SCL-LHR but tempted to do LHR-GRU-SCL-LHR for the better seat on a 12hr+ journey but will add an extra internal flight in Brazil. Based on Rob’s article last year, does not look like 787 will get the new suite so just wondering if anything has changed since? If not, is it worth the slight detour to get on the new club suite?

Not Long Now... 94 posts

Depends on your valuation of comfort. Personally I prefer the new club suite as there’s more personal space and storage, and even being 6’5” I found no problem with the often maligned foot space, indeed I preferred it as it offered more sideways knee room. My wife however much preferred the old ying Yang layout as the seats themselves were more comfortable, for which she explained ’softer’. Probably just about agree they have more give over the new seats, which are very firm, though perhaps by the time they’re many years old they too will have some give. Overall I wouldn’t pay anything extra at all to fly club suites over the old version, but my absolute prime driver is price, and can I sleep on it. Also, choosing a routeing because of airframes is a somewhat dodgy option, as there’s no guarantee the plane won’t be switched out for a different version….

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts

777 fleet is due to be done by the end of the year but, frankly, BA will keep swapping aircraft at short notice until demand settles down so making predictions is a mess.

PaulD 10 posts

777 fleet is due to be done by the end of the year but, frankly, BA will keep swapping aircraft at short notice until demand settles down so making predictions is a mess.

Apart from the 3 77Rs now based at Heathrow

Richie 986 posts

If you have time and fancy a few more Tier Points, consider routing via Madrid on Iberia on their A359 aircraft.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.