Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards New Monese Codes

• Aston100 1,374 posts

Looks like Monese giftcard promos are getting worse.
    20% off seem to have ended in January.
    There was a 5% off last week
    This week they’ve dropped all their redemption partners bar 4 supermarkets (but re-added M&S again).

And now we’ve got a 10% off on those 5 partners:

10% off at Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Asda, Iceland and M&S

Buy one now or regret it later!

Gift cards available:

• £50 gift card for £45: code GROC50
    • £100 gift card for £90: code GROC100
    • £200 gift card for £180: code GROC200
    • £400 gift card for £360: code GROC400

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Froggee 884 posts

Yeah I’m hoping the “grocery” thing is a one off and the usual redemptions will be back soon. I’d bite at 10% normally – ironically because I use the John Lewis ones for my Waitrose shop so now that they’re focusing on groceries they’re no use to me as I’m a Tesco on Saturday, Waitrose on Wednesday kind of fellow.

Reney 754 posts

This is back at 20%, the codes are same as the first post. Again only 5 stores (no Tesco which is annoying).

MattB 259 posts

Just bought a £400 usually seem to miss out on those and end up with the smaller ones.

I wouldn’t worry about this only being supermarkets, I’ve used these vouchers in the past to buy amazon and John Lewis gift cards in asda, morrisons and Sainsburys with no issues.

Reney 754 posts

Just bought a £400 usually seem to miss out on those and end up with the smaller ones.

I wouldn’t worry about this only being supermarkets, I’ve used these vouchers in the past to buy amazon and John Lewis gift cards in asda, morrisons and Sainsburys with no issues.

I know, but I like to be able to say decide last minute I want to order deliveroo or jump on a John Lewis sale and convert x amount only to pay. Rather than drive 20 minutes to Morrison to buy gift cards. Or convert them in advance.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    elguiri 216 posts

Thanks, tis actually popped up on my phone this time. Got one of each as well !

Aston100 1,374 posts

When was the last time you bought an Amazon gift card in Sainsburys?
    They stopped doing them ages ago AFAIK.

duggie1982 261 posts

Got the hukd alerts on my emails but was a couple of hours late so thought i missed it but managed a £400, £200 & £100 on top of about £100 from last time, all going for asda as shop there and can get other gift cards.

Thought the 20% was away forever too!

Reney 754 posts

Got the hukd alerts on my emails but was a couple of hours late so thought i missed it but managed a £400, £200 & £100 on top of about £100 from last time, all going for asda as shop there and can get other gift cards.

I don’t usually shop in Asda as that is further from the house what kind of other gift cards do they offer? Can you buy gift cards at self checkout? Thx

duggie1982 261 posts

I don’t usually shop in Asda as that is further from the house what kind of other gift cards do they offer? Can you buy gift cards at self checkout? Thx

Cant remember of the top of my head unfortunately as i was only going for iTunes one but there are loads there. I paid for my shopping at the normal manned checkout with my itunes gift card with it and it went through ok

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.