Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice New York City – pre booking a cab

• T_London 39 posts

Hi all

Can anyone recommend any reliable companies with whom I can pre book a taxi to the airport from Manhattan?

I absolutely do not want to rely on Uber/Lyft/street taxis ever again as I almost missed my flight home last time because I simply couldn’t get one.

I’d feel a lot calmer if I could pre book a cab to arrive at my hotel at a specific time and for a fixed price? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

NorthernLass 7,565 posts

Not done it that way but you can book airport transfer via Viator and sites like that. I think we got one for around £50 about 3 years ago. A normal taxi would probably be cheaper but we wanted to know it would be there when we arrived and knew where we wanted to go!

Andrew. 482 posts

If you are staying at a “better” hotel, the best route might be via the concierge?

NorthernLass 7,565 posts

Also, on our return we had a late flight and just went on the train. Even with a bit of faffing and changing due to an issue at one of the stations we were there in plenty of time.

dundj 80 posts

I’ve always booked via Carmel Limo, very reliable and will have a freephone stand at arrivals to let them know you are there to be picked up.

SamG 1,642 posts

I’ve used dial7 a few times. Agree with @NorthernLass though , especially for an evening flight out of JFK I’d consider the train, traffic can be a nightmare!

T_London 39 posts

Thank you all! Much appreciated.

I’d normally be keen to take a train as I agree it’s more reliable and no issue with traffic that way, but am a bit cautious to take public transport there right now as it isn’t very safe at the moment 🙁

Jas 3 posts

I was in New York a couple of weeks ago. Took the train (LIRR) and subway to and from JFK and had absolutely no issues, safety or otherwise.

FWIW the subway felt noticeably safer than it did the last time I was there (2019) – I took quite a few trips around town and no-one approached me throughout the time I was there.

Skywalker 699 posts

http://carzenplus.com/

Really reliable – will send you car registration plate numbers as well, so you know you’re not hopping into any random vehicle.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.